2019 World 14.1 Tournament

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think that I will make the 6 hour drive just to watch, unless they hold a qualifier mid state and then anything can happen!

They want you to tag your room to hold a qaulifier :D

https://www.facebook.com/Worldstraightpool/photos/a.676547955768138/2505345759555006/?type=3&theater

Will be interesting to see who shows up and if any of the Mosconi cup players come down for it. I won't go to see any of the ridiculous round robins but will go for the rest, maybe. Will have to see what the seating setup looks like. When he used to hold events at Bankshot the overpriced seating sucked. He is charging $25 just for the finals. LMAO.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They want you to tag your room to hold a qaulifier :D

https://www.facebook.com/Worldstraightpool/photos/a.676547955768138/2505345759555006/?type=3&theater

Will be interesting to see who shows up and if any of the Mosconi cup players come down for it. I won't go to see any of the ridiculous round robins but will go for the rest, maybe. Will have to see what the seating setup looks like. When he used to hold events at Bankshot the overpriced seating sucked. He is charging $25 just for the finals. LMAO.

Here is the Latest on this World tournament= I inquired two weeks ago about where the qualifiers will be held- and when- my response received yesterday: The promoters sent me and 9 other people copied on the e mail (privacy issues) the same response: that we were NOW SPECIAL invitees to this tournament and for the small sum of $580- that needed to be sent by Oct 20- we would all have a special spot in the tournament- NOT WHAT I ASKED! when and where are the qualifiers? Not sending these folks $500+ EVER! So I guess no list of attendees yet, and I am sure all of the 9 people on that email response from the promoters asked the same question I did about qualifiers- all we got was a request to send them $500+ --- CRAZY!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is the Latest on this World tournament= I inquired two weeks ago about where the qualifiers will be held- and when- my response received yesterday: The promoters sent me and 9 other people copied on the e mail (privacy issues) the same response: that we were NOW SPECIAL invitees to this tournament and for the small sum of $580- that needed to be sent by Oct 20- we would all have a special spot in the tournament- NOT WHAT I ASKED! when and where are the qualifiers? Not sending these folks $500+ EVER! So I guess no list of attendees yet, and I am sure all of the 9 people on that email response from the promoters asked the same question I did about qualifiers- all we got was a request to send them $500+ --- CRAZY!

The "plan" was 32 invitees plus 16 qualifier winners, right. Sounds like they may be a few short on invitee acceptances or qualifying events. :frown:

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hah, those round robins will be real thrillers.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think that I will make the 6 hour drive just to watch, unless they hold a qualifier mid state and then anything can happen!

Are you going? :thumbup:

JACKSONVILLE & GAINESVILLE PLAYERS
This Saturday & Sunday World 14.1 Qualifiers:
11/9 - Gainesville FL - DUGOUT BILLIARDS *Played on 8fts & 9fts (352) 375-1008
11/10 Jacksonville FL -PARK AVENUE BILLIARDS (337) 718-3719
$100 entry. Winner gets FREE entry for the $10,000 added World 14.1 Championship!
*There is no guarantee of where the World 14.1 will be next year so take your opportunity NOW!

11/16 Orlando FL- TRICK SHOTS Waterford Lakes *Played on 8fts & 9fts (407) 737-6606

11/ 17 Jacksonville FL - 9BALL HEAVEN (904) 683-2630

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The website says pay per view, $85 early bird (all event) rate.

Its a steal :eek:

PPV EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: $85 WATCH all 6 days of the World 14.1 + 2 days bonus of the World Warm-Up Tournaments. Nov 30-Dec 7 that’s 8 days of 14.1 bliss! Film coverage by X-Stream Pool 🎥 Special ends 11/17 click below

ppv.audiovideoweb.com/ppvlnk/purchase/…/grp/157326958126826

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmidt posted that he is going to play.

Dragon has also advertised/stated that SVB, Alex, Hohmann, Archer, Eckert, Rodney Morris are attending, that is about it.

Their marketing/media person is really bad on their Facebook page. Now they are posting to get people to put players up in their homes. Guess they don't like their great pick for a host hotel, LMAO.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Now they are posting to get people to put players up in their homes. ...
If the bake sale has carrot cakes with cream cheese frosting, count me in for two whole cakes.:eek:ink:

CropperCapture[407].jpg

Bob <-- has already had his share of carrot cake. So what?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dragon has also advertised/stated that SVB, Alex, Hohmann, Archer, Eckert, Rodney Morris are attending, that is about it.

Their marketing/media person is really bad on their Facebook page. Now they are posting to get people to put players up in their homes. Guess they don't like their great pick for a host hotel, LMAO.

I would be happy to put somebody up , but I live 5 hours away by car- they would be exhausted by the time they got to their matches each day. If they invest in a helicopter shuttle it might work! I could put 2 guys up in my guest room and 2 in my office pull out couch!

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hah, new post on Dragon's site says they dug up Tom Storm who is going to play. I thought he was making meatballs back in the motherland.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you going? :thumbup:

JACKSONVILLE & GAINESVILLE PLAYERS
This Saturday & Sunday World 14.1 Qualifiers:
11/9 - Gainesville FL - DUGOUT BILLIARDS *Played on 8fts & 9fts (352) 375-1008
11/10 Jacksonville FL -PARK AVENUE BILLIARDS (337) 718-3719
$100 entry. Winner gets FREE entry for the $10,000 added World 14.1 Championship!
*There is no guarantee of where the World 14.1 will be next year so take your opportunity NOW!

11/16 Orlando FL- TRICK SHOTS Waterford Lakes *Played on 8fts & 9fts (407) 737-6606

11/ 17 Jacksonville FL - 9BALL HEAVEN (904) 683-2630

Apparently only 1 guy showed up for the qualifier in Jax on Nov 10...

DaDragon.jpg

How can they possibly stretch this out past two days?! :speechless:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Apparently the pay per view early-bird rate ($85) ends today. I can't find anything saying what the full-event rate will be after today or what other rates (such as daily ppv rates, if any) will be.

Nor can I find a player list. One thing I read said just 5 spots left. Does that mean 43 have been filled? The original plan was 48 players -- 32 invitees plus 16 from qualifiers. How many are in so far from each group? How many qualifier events remain (I guess a couple are scheduled for today)?

It's just 2 weeks away. Better info would be appreciated (and would help in making decisions).

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Charlie WIlliams has burned a ton of bridges in the pool world, but he should not be charging $85 for this event. At least realize that plenty of people who love the game are supporting you and they deserve better prices for PPV. Hell, if anything this should be on Facebook for free.

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The corporate sponsors such as the cloth and cue makers (I presume there are a few?) should just pull the plug, put this Williams event out of its misery, and send the money to Peter Burrows’ event. He already draws an excellent field, and if the money can be concentrated in his event, it will have zero field fillers. I would also respectfully suggest that Mr. Burrows expand the Committee from one member (himself) to three or four, giving up a little control but gaining more solicitation power and building in some succession. He has done an outstanding job running and growing that event, but he could do even more for it by taking on some co-leaders.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Apparently they extended the $85 ppv rate through 11/19. I still see nothing about what the rates (including daily rates) will be after that.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know, I've never been one to care much for what goes on from the promoters side of things, but this is beyond silly. I'll give credit to the players showing up because they obviously just want the opportunity to play their favorite game, but Charlie Williams obviously must have a gigantic ego if he cannot see all the wrong stuff he has been doing with this tournament over the years. I don't know the guy, but no wonder some people say the things they say about him.