List of Living 200+ Runners

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Ruslan Chinakhov with the runs of 211, 223 and 243 recently.

Oh wait, he was on the list already with 203... :thumbup:

Not a shocker. Ruslan has won the Derby City Classic 14.1 event and has shown much skill in the discipline. Sounds like some pretty fancy shooting.

62Stratus

Registered
Does anyone have more detail on these high runs?
Gene Nagy 430
Dallas West 429
Ray Martin 426
Allen Hopkins 421
Jose Garcia 396
Jack Colavita 385
Steve Mizerak 321
Mike Sigel 319
Danny Di Liberto 308

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of detail would you like? There are not many people around anymore who witnessed any of the runs you mentioned. At least 3 on your last are no longer living.

62Stratus

Registered
I was curious about when and where the high runs took place. It's true that a few of these guys have passed away but there might still be friends, foes or family around that might remember some details. It was a long shot.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Does anyone have more detail on these high runs?
Gene Nagy 430
Dallas West 429
Ray Martin 426
Allen Hopkins 421
Jose Garcia 396
Jack Colavita 385
Steve Mizerak 321
Mike Sigel 319
Danny Di Liberto 308

None of these runs happened in the last 35 years, and I believe that three of these never happened, but I'm not going to call out the specifics because I could possibly be mistaken.

Nagy's well-known run came about 50 years ago in Queens, NY, and was a little bit controversial as it took place over two different days, with the balls left on the table overnight.

At least four (maybe five) of these players hailed from New Jersey, a hotbed of straight pool talent back in the day.

Where did you learn of these runs?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Thank you, I missed that. I should have looked a little closer.

Can't fault you here. This is largely a consequence of our sport's sloppiness in recording the accomplishments of yesteryear, leaving us all too often with the rumor mill, a fairly but not totally reliable source.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
See post #21 in this thread. The list to which you have referred is wrong.

I just watched the Sigel (150&out)/Zuglan match from 1992. In an interview at the end, Sigel says he ran 339 at age 19 or 20. That list in post #21 has him at 319 for his high run.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I just watched the Sigel (150&out)/Zuglan match from 1992. In an interview at the end, Sigel says he ran 339 at age 19 or 20. That list in post #21 has him at 319 for his high run.

Yup, this list is based on the rumor mill. One of the runs listed is one I'd heard of, but I later learned that it never happened. Another player on the list was my mentor at 14.1 and he never mentioned the run that lies beside his name on this list, so I'm not buying it.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
None of these runs happened in the last 35 years, and I believe that three of these never happened, but I'm not going to call out the specifics because I could possibly be mistaken.

Nagy's well-known run came about 50 years ago in Queens, NY, and was a little bit controversial as it took place over two different days, with the balls left on the table overnight.

At least four (maybe five) of these players hailed from New Jersey, a hotbed of straight pool talent back in the day.

Where did you learn of these runs?

Yeah! Nice representation from NJ. I believe Martin, Hopkins, Colavita, and Mizerak all hailed from NJ originally. If the referenced Garcia is the one from Vineland, then that's #5.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Recently I learnt that during some tournament preparations last year Ruslan Chinakhov set his new personal best, which was 203 before that. And actually did it twice. First was 230+, next - 247, which currently stands. Mind you, that was on a Diamond table with a somewhat worn cloth. Any 150+ run in such conditions is very respectful I reckon, let alone 200.

The tournament he was getting ready for was American 14.1 Championship. Which he won in the end :) with some great runouts. No wonder.

(on a side note, why don't we have exact run figures in the first post :confused:)

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Recently I learnt that during some tournament preparations last year Ruslan Chinakhov set his new personal best, which was 203 before that. And actually did it twice. First was 230+, next - 247, which currently stands. Mind you, that was on a Diamond table with a somewhat worn cloth. Any 150+ run in such conditions is very respectful I reckon, let alone 200.

The tournament he was getting ready for was American 14.1 Championship. Which he won in the end :) with some great runouts. No wonder.

(on a side note, why don't we have exact run figures in the first post :confused:)

we over at Straight Pool Fanatics (facebook group) have his personal best set at 256, as per what he had told us when we created the list a little while back.

Het=y if you are on facebook, come join the group. its a very good group we have set up.