79 (this time 14.1)

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi bill, congrats on another nice run, but one thing : I would not count that as a 79 for myself as you fouled in the 2nd rack by touching the 15 with your hand. So the run should have started from there which would be a 67 then. Just my opinion. Anyway, 67 or 79 both great runs. I like watching you play. Keep it up my friend ! :wink:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Sascha they still play cue ball fouls only in the US :) Not a problem for sole practice IMO. If Bill ran 527 - yes, we would question that!

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sascha they still play cue ball fouls only in the US :) Not a problem for sole practice IMO. If Bill ran 527 - yes, we would question that!

Ah, did not think of that... well, i bet against him running 527 ! lol :wink:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Oops, he did it again

You're killing me, Bill.

Unbelievable. I can feel a hondo on film coming soon to theaters in your neighborhood.

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great shootin bud

honestly i dont care if you touch a ball every rack.

mosconi touched balls im sure and his 526 is the measuring stick for greatness.

if you were told you couldnt touch balls you wouldnt.

anyway many of my runs ive touched a ball no biggie.

p.s. if you ever realize how good you play ,you are going to be dangerous. good shootin champ

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
This run was definitely not text book straight pool, I got out of line numerous times and had to improvise to get to the breakshot. I guess some days are like that.

http://vimeo.com/10665460

not text book, and got out of line......but you made it work, you made some good recoveries and made it work !!

i wish i could say that about my game lately....

again great shooting !
Steve

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
79....... Congrats

Bill, nice run. Keep up the good work. Your table looks like it plays great.
Is there a certain temperature that you keep in your game room?
Sometimes my table plays real slow and the rack does not break up as easily as other times depending on the temperature. Have you ever experience this type of problem?
Happy Easter to you & your family and Happy Easter to all here on AZ.

Last edited:

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Bill, nice run. Keep up the good work. Your table looks like it plays great.
Is there a certain temperature that you keep in your game room?
Sometimes my table plays real slow and the rack does not break up as easily as other times depending on the temperature. Have you every experience this type of problem?

I keep the room at 72 degrees, when John comes over he keeps it at about 68. I usually wear a sweat shirt while he is playing, lol.

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Great job Bill! i was watching a little over Steves shoulder :) keep it up!

I noticed something i thought was funny....just as you walked over to turn off the camera, the song on the radio had ended with a round of applause! lol sounded like you had a small audience :p

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Lol

I keep the room at 72 degrees, when John comes over he keeps it at about 68. I usually wear a sweat shirt while he is playing, lol.

I like it cold too. 68 would be just right for me, the wife & girls are always clicking off that air on me........ It seems like my table plays real well (fast) when the temp. is at 70 and there is no dampness in the air.

berniep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This run was definitely not text book straight pool, I got out of line numerous times and had to improvise to get to the breakshot. I guess some days are like that.

http://vimeo.com/10665460

Hi Bill, nice run.

Sometimes a hard earned scrappy 79 is more fulfilling that an "easy" textbook 100;).

Good shooting.

P.S. what is the pocket size on your table?

Thanks. Bernie.

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
P.S. what is the pocket size on your table?

Thanks. Bernie.

4 5/8 at the points

P9010097.JPG

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
These are the kind of runs I like to watch.

Sometimes it gets frustrating watching runs where they make it look too easy. Although we all know the best way to get out of trouble is to not get in it in the first place, it doesn't always work out that way and it's nice to see the improvision and creativity conjured up to keep a run going. Sometimes you just gotta think outside the box. Good shooting.

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Some of those shots in the third or second rack that were shot in the uper right corner would have never have gone on my table. I am starting to hate my table for straight pool. Its so tough!

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Some of those shots in the third or second rack that were shot in the uper right corner would have never have gone on my table. I am starting to hate my table for straight pool. Its so tough!

Yeah, Diamonds are tough for straight pool. When I play on one I take a little extra time on most shots and shy away for the long ones up in the corner pockets. I tend to not play the correct pattern just because I don't want to take a chance on missing a shot that I would probably make on a Gold Crown.

There is a reason why there were far more high runs at last years World Championships (Gold Crowns) then there were at the previous two (Diamonds) Championships.

The Diamonds at this years SBE challenge were extra tough (different cloth).

h2o4170

h2o4170
Silver Member
honestly i dont care if you touch a ball every rack.

mosconi touched balls im sure and his 526 is the measuring stick for greatness.

if you were told you couldnt touch balls you wouldnt.

anyway many of my runs ive touched a ball no biggie.

p.s. if you ever realize how good you play ,you are going to be dangerous. good shootin champ

No kidding John this guy plays lights out. I just started playing again after about 16 years. I grew up in Grand Rapids Mi where harold worst and bobby hunter grew up and ive seen some good staight pool. Bills ability to consistently run the numbers he does is great.There are plenty of world class nine ball players that he could rob playing 14.1 Im realy impressed at how hes able to get out of trouble on the odd occasion that he out of line

h2o4170

h2o4170
Silver Member
Center pocket the poolroom im hanging out at has diamonds and some beaut.iful gold crowns (ultimate-billiards.com) I dont mind playing one pocket on the diamonds but there way to tough for straight pool.If you run a hondo on a diamond a goldcrowns gonna seen like a bar box. Even a tight crown is more forgiving for 14.1 than a stock diamond. There a great table just real tough to cheat the pockets and creat angles that u need sometimes. keep up the good runs and just play the table, good luck

Last edited: