U.S. Open update

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok Jay, I'll bet on the word of your friend Pat if the $75k is there in full or not by July 25th.

$50

And if I lose and pay off and then if any player is not paid in full at the time of the event or a check bounces again, I get my $50 back plus another $100.

It's not Pat's job to assure that all the added money is there by the deadline. That's Barry's job. Pat's job is to collect the money and to give an accurate accounting of how much is there, to hold the money in escrow, and to make the payouts.

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Jay for all you ,Roberta, Pat and Barry have done to help keep the US Open going.
I have been angry many times over the way things have gone , because I liked going to the Open .
With all the controversy I just stayed away and *****ed.
I truly hope this is the beginning of the greatest comeback ever and that all the major problems get solved to most peoples satisfaction.
I'm actually starting to get excited about it for the first time in many years , I think I will give it another try this year.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay,

I want to add my sincere thanks to you for all you have done, and continue to do for this glorious, benchmark event.

It certainly is not easy.

And I hope you know that as you continue to move forward, you hold the unwavering support and admiration of all who want to see this event overcome the myriad hurdles of the recent past and return the event to its lofty place in the world's events.

Many watch, only a few participate in the thankless work of an event of this magnitude. Yep, there have been some (very) genuine issues in the recent past, but I believe all the hard work underway by great people such as Pat, Roberta, yourself and others will meet with positive results and place the event on better footing.

Please take a moment to pass along my sincerest thanks to the others working diligently behind the scenes.

See you this October.

Will Prout

Nice post Will Prout.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Itsfroze

Why do ypu keep reposting the same message to me about cornflakes. I am a Scotsman and my staple breakfast diet is PORRIDGE. This was what my ancestors carried around in their sporrans worn in front of their wedding tackle.
To mix it when water was not available they would use their own urine thus ensuring that they had a hot meal. So pissing in yer breakfast was a was no big deal.

Back on topic, Do you seriously believe that a big chunk of money that has been in the pipeline for over 4 months, will appear as if by magic in just over a month.

That is with no access to entry fees, this has to be new money and the $75k (For a Tier 2 event) or the $50k (For a Tier 3 event) all goes into the prize fund with no deductions. An affirmitive answer from you would confirm your citizenship of Cloud Cuckoo Land.
If this were to come through I would be delighted But I think that anyone with Mosconi Cup aspirations should be ensuring that they get points stacked up from the prevous e vents

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
....Do you seriously believe that a big chunk of money that has been in the pipeline for over 4 months, will appear as if by magic in just over a month.

That is with no access to entry fees, this has to be new money and the $75k (For a Tier 2 event) or the $50k (For a Tier 3 event) all goes into the prize fund with no deductions. An affirmitive answer from you would confirm your citizenship of Cloud Cuckoo Land.
If this were to come through I would be delighted But I think that anyone with Mosconi Cup aspirations should be ensuring that they get points stacked up from the prevous events

is this MatchRoom's Plan B?

fasteddief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too many qualifiers for me. You turned a simple yes or no bet into some kind of algorithm.
Jay no problem I'll pay my lawyer 500 dollars to write up the bet how does that sound. Also after you win I want 10% for getting my lawyer involved. Also I want my lawyer to hold the post. LOL FastEddieF.:wink::wink::wink::wink:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Jay no problem I'll pay my lawyer 500 dollars to write up the bet how does that sound. Also after you win I want 10% for getting my lawyer involved. Also I want my lawyer to hold the post. LOL FastEddieF.:wink::wink::wink::wink:

You would have to unhook yourself from hanging from Jay's nuts first before you could free up a hand to call your attorney.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Were all players owed money from last year's open get paid ?
And the one before that ?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
About 4 months before the tournament and 20 players show on Accu=Stats list. Of the 20, 5 paid for themselves. Out of the other 15 that Barry is gifting or the paid players are gifting, maybe 8 or 9 will show, if they can fit into or haven't sold their green jackets. "No Show Hall" and a few others never show. Four months before the tournament and about one player a day needs to sign up for the 128 to happen. Four months to go and players don't know if it is a Cat 2 or Cat 3 point event. $1000 entry fee won't help this event either... IMO.

Out of the country players all know by now that they were the last paid on purpose and some might still have been unpaid, if it wasn't for "The Pink Lady" coming to the rescue. All this and past and present smoke and mirrors BS leads me to believe the 2015 U.S Open will not happen in the form they are talking about now. Johnnyt

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 4 months before the tournament and 20 players show on Accu=Stats list. Of the 20, 5 paid for themselves. Out of the other 15 that Barry is gifting or the paid players are gifting, maybe 8 or 9 will show, if they can fit into or haven't sold their green jackets. "No Show Hall" and a few others never show. Four months before the tournament and about one player a day needs to sign up for the 128 to happen. Four months to go and players don't know if it is a Cat 2 or Cat 3 point event. $1000 entry fee won't help this event either... IMO.

Out of the country players all know by now that they were the last paid on purpose and some might still have been unpaid, if it wasn't for "The Pink Lady" coming to the rescue. All this and past and present smoke and mirrors BS leads me to believe the 2015 U.S Open will not happen in the form they are talking about now. Johnnyt

Johnnyt, For sure there is and has been and always will be smoke and mirrors for this event. BUT, we can't base ANYTHING on the amount of players signed up, until maybe 1 week before the event. Pool tournaments are just like ebay auctions. The price means absolutely nothing until the last 5 minutes of the auction.

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt, For sure there is and has been and always will be smoke and mirrors for this event. BUT, we can't base ANYTHING on the amount of players signed up, until maybe 1 week before the event. Pool tournaments are just like ebay auctions. The price means absolutely nothing until the last 5 minutes of the auction.

Not to mention the first sign up last year was on July 8th. I'm confident the field will be full.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Not to mention the first sign up last year was on July 8th. I'm confident the field will be full.

Yes, every year people that are paid by Barry and his nut huggers are very confident until you're not. People like you make me laugh. You seem to think everyone on this forum stupid. Johnnyt

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, every year people that are paid by Barry and his nut huggers are very confident until you're not. People like you make me laugh. You seem to think everyone on this forum stupid. Johnnyt

Glad to give you a laugh however, never have I said I think anyone here is stupid nor do I call people names. I've only been working for him for a year but have a supporter of Barry & the Open for far longer.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
if the additional $128K+/- aren't required to be secured, and last year in JUL the entry was reduced to $750 from $1000, and the last entries were accounted for <2wks prior to Opening, and still players/vendors weren't paid -

- will the person in charge of the money & books disclose this pertinent info to the fans, players, vendors, employees, et al, so that they can make better informed o-o-p decisions?

- if these $128K funds aren't secured, what guarantee do they have of refund against the $75K in escrow? and does it even apply in the Contract with AccuStats?

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Glad to give you a laugh however, never have I said I think anyone here is stupid nor do I call people names. I've only been working for him for a year but have a supporter of Barry & the Open for far longer.

Do you consider yourself a good decision maker?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Based upon your performance as BB spokesmodel last year, when you ran around here with pom-poms and said how wonderful everything was going/going to be, and then disappeared when TSHTF, I'd say you should be issuing the Extra Large Grains of Salt this year.

Lou Figueroa
free professional advice