For Sale Seciton: You can comment BUT

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'm not a "collector"...so this probably doesn't count. I like looking at cues, but since I have a nice playing cue and more gear than I really need, I'm not in a buying mood.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's like anything else, it'll take time and I doubt that everyone knows the comments are back on. It is still slow, but it's better

I agree and in addition, in my opinion people like to browse, chat, and trade more than laying-out cash for outright purchases.

Balabushka_Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a line of crap ! Just cheap and nickle dimes wishing they could own a high end quality cue with hope of posting stuff like this that will drive prices down. Here's a news flash for ya and get a grip... You won't be getting my Tascarella out of my hands anytime soon for less than I paid for it, no how no way, and I'm sure other high end owners of Tascarella's, Southwest's, Szam's, Black Boar's, and the like feel the same way. Dream on...

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
The most I have spent on a cue to date is 1K, but I have only been playing for 4 years. Its hard for me to pick a number but I just do not see the day I would spend over maybe $2500.00 on a cue. I don't want to insult anybody but it is just a piece of wood with some leather on one end and maybe some rubber on the other. I do not need a new cue, I am very happy with the one I use now but there is a pretty big market to choose from at $1500.00 and under. I payed substantially less than that for my Titlist conversion and would be happy to buy some more like it if they catch my eye.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
i have a couple of great buys on great cues
right now
214 477 7323

I do too.
For instance I have a gorgeous "2015" Bob Runde, still on the showroom floor, never chalked.

The budget minded player might like my new Randy Etheridge conversion Hoppe.

My final cue featured today is a gorgeous 8-pt Chris Nitti cue, complete with a matching Jack Justis tube case.

Come-on down to our showroom and check out what's left of my custom pool cue accumulation sale.
Who knows, you could be playing with a Josswest tonight, and we finance anybody.

Come-on down

:smile:

Last edited:

dom_poppa

Banned
Your I Trader is still zero, if you want to help buy a cue and stop complaining

Well, you were an advocate and pushed for change and wanted the section to return to commenting. You claim it the section is dead because commenting was disabled. Well, it is now turned back on and it is still slow.

Like I mentioned before, turning them back on won't help in a slow market. I was defending AZB when the likes of you and others were blaming the mods for the section being slowed.

The mods have done what you guys requested and it seems like it didn't help much no?

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
Sneaky Pete cues selling for $800.00

Absurd.

Oh, and of course it "hits like a monster!"

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, you were an advocate and pushed for change and wanted the section to return to commenting. You claim it the section is dead because commenting was disabled. Well, it is now turned back on and it is still slow.

Like I mentioned before, turning them back on won't help in a slow market. I was defending AZB when the likes of you and others were blaming the mods for the section being slowed.

The mods have done what you guys requested and it seems like it didn't help much no?

I don't know how anyone thought changes would bring more sales being what the economy is ,, no ones buying a cue because someone says great cue if I had the money I would be all over this ,, neither is bumping if they are realy looking to buy they will search several pages .

dom_poppa

Banned
What a line of crap ! Just cheap and nickle dimes wishing they could own a high end quality cue with hope of posting stuff like this that will drive prices down. Here's a news flash for ya and get a grip... You won't be getting my Tascarella out of my hands anytime soon for less than I paid for it, no how no way, and I'm sure other high end owners of Tascarella's, Southwest's, Szam's, Black Boar's, and the like feel the same way. Dream on...

I am sorry but I have to laugh at that one and you never disappoint.

I wouldn't pay half for your Tascarella knowing that you put your crummy hands on it.

I am flattered that you think little 'ole me possess that much influence to dictate the market.

dom_poppa

Banned
I don't know how anyone thought changes would bring more sales being what the economy is ,, no ones buying a cue because someone says great cue if I had the money I would be all over this ,, neither is bumping if they are realy looking to buy they will search several pages .

Basically my point. I wish I can dig up all those threads of people complaining about how AZB destroyed the For Sale section. Well, they did add the comments back and the market is still dead.

The comments section is back and nobody is commenting because the goal in the first place was to get your friends to bump the threads. Now that you can comment but can't bump, unless from OP, they don't care about it.

What we see right now is the true representation of the cue market. The over-bumping exaggerated the activity that was going on months ago.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I am sorry but I have to laugh at that one and you never disappoint.

I wouldn't pay half for your Tascarella knowing that you put your crummy hands on it.

I am flattered that you think little 'ole me possess that much influence to dictate the market.

You dictate nothing, except negativity for the cue market.
As if anyone cares what some non-participating nincompoop thinks about pool cue sales.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

At first I thought you were vilified simply for having strong beliefs but the more you post the more it becomes clear that you're in it to stir the pot and not in a productive thought provoking manner but more out of an infantile need to agitate people.

Not one single person has ever stated that the BST forum was one change away from returning to the way it was. Its a small step in the right direction and in my opinion just the first step in what needs to be sweeping changes.

The facebook market is still quite strong and much more indicative of how the current market stands today.

Its going to take time and additional changes before the market migrates back around to the forum.

The good thing is that the majority of the facebook crowd doesn't want to be there. But you go where the fish are. You can't simply choose where to fish.

With all that said the cat is out of the bag and over the last 10 years the "hobby" of cue making has exposed a lot of the techniques and build characteristics of the cue world. In my humble opinion even an ultra strong market isn't going to swell the high end cue sales anywhere near where it once was. There will be even fewer cue makers that utilize rare woods or precious metals that push the outer limits of "high end" and the market will likely strengthen between 300 to 900 dollar cues.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Dom poppa....Please go back to the NPR forum and stir up sheet there...or just go away.

Hey, NPR did it's part, we were responsible for getting him banned last time. He was set up a like a bowling pin by a few, and the mods knocked him right over. Hook, line and sinker, but NOBODY ever accused Dom of being smart, nobody ;)

Now it's up to the Main Forum to pull their weight with Dom ;)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Too many cue makers made too many cues selling for too much money to too many people who are selling too many cues for too much money.

It's the perfect example of the bigger fool theory. When prices are cut by half, the cue market will pick up steam again, then we will go right back to the first paragraph...

Too many cue makers made too many cues selling for too much money to too many people who are selling too many cues for too much money.

etc., etc., etc

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dom poppa....Please go back to the NPR forum and stir up sheet there...or just go away.

For once, I think his statement is accurate...though without some long-term facts about saless trends- or at least views/ traffic in that section- it remains unproven either waythat permitting comments does/ does not influence sale #s.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
The WTF Section

What is your interest in the WFS , besides trying to drive cue prices down so you think you can scoop on one for cheap.

You know (want a be expert on cues ) that has a zero I trader '

Your a troll , you got banned the other day and there is a ton of members who have hinted for you to go away.

99 percent of all your threads are to stir people up...............

You have a Zero I trader and you come off acting like you are a billiards product marketing expert on custom and production cues .

What history do you have in marketing billiard products ?