Most underrated cuemakers?

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wes Hunter, great guy to deal with, does not make a lot of cues but if you ever get one
you will keep it. Chris Nitti also gets my vote, local guy and very nice to deal with.
Tom

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I don't think Tesla has been around as long as Ford or Chevy or produced anywhere near as many cars.

Which makers are better known?

Is Tesla under rated or over rated?

Tesla hasnt been around long enough nor produced enough cars to be judged yet IMO... 20+ or so years from now if they're still in business I may have an opinion... You can have it then if I'm still around. :smile:

As for Ford and Chevy, having worked on them both professionally for 17 years and owning them for many more, IMO both are neither over nor underrated.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jackpot cues

by the original Libra cue maker Jack potter

I am expecting the first one within the month

no one else has ever heard of Jackpot
How much more under rated can you get?

bear0478

Always learning..........
Silver Member
Eric Brissette

Eric Brissette out of Quebec, Canada. Top quality cues, hit like a dream, fraction of the cost of similar cue from one of the "big cue makers".

BR

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tesla hasnt been around long enough nor produced enough cars to be judged yet IMO... 20+ or so years from now if they're still in business I may have an opinion... You can have it then if I'm still around. :smile:

As for Ford and Chevy, having worked on them both professionally for 17 years and owning them for many more, IMO both are neither over nor underrated.

If you had a choice between a Szamboti and a Meucci, I know which one you would pick.

If you had the choice of any Ford/Chevy vs a Tesla, which would you pick?

Which one do you think is the "better quality"?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
If you had a choice between a Szamboti and a Meucci, I know which one you would pick.

If you had the choice of any Ford/Chevy vs a Tesla, which would you pick?

Which one do you think is the "better quality"?

Whether I would want a Szam over a Meucci has nothing to do with one being underrated... Same goes for whether I would want a Tesla, Chevy, or Ford.

That said, I know the quality of a Chevy and a Ford, both very good. I've never driven nor worked on a Tesla and I am FAR from alone. As I have said, Tesla has not been out long enough nor are they even in the same price catagory, maybe one, to be comparable Chevy and Ford models so it's for those added as reasons as well I believe you cant say they are underrated nor overrated...YET.

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In no particular order

Wes Hunter
Rick Howard
Jeff Olney
Jack Madden
Bill Hagan (although he is not currently making cues)

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I have a Hoppe Wes Hunter from this collection I am liquidating and the workmanship is right up there. If it was played with I would hit a few.. since its in time capsule condition, I won't. :)

In this collection I have been surprised by a few cues.. the late RHN, BCM, Alex Brick to name a few...

JV

Wes Hunter, great guy to deal with, does not make a lot of cues but if you ever get one
you will keep it. Chris Nitti also gets my vote, local guy and very nice to deal with.
Tom

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I have a Hoppe Wes Hunter from this collection I am liquidating and the workmanship is right up there. If it was played with I would hit a few.. since its in time capsule condition, I won't. :)

In this collection I have been surprised by a few cues.. the late RHN, BCM, Alex Brick to name a few...

JV

Joe - I've seen you here tons but didn't realize who you were, vis-a-vis your site. Coincidentally enough I just spent @ 2 hours on your site last night and even had my wife looking at cues with me. I'm getting ready to buy a sideways Josswest and so was on both JJ Cues and your site. You have some AMAZING cues.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Considering he hasn't been mentioned yet, I'm going to say Cory Barnhart.

I am looking for an ebony into ebony with blue veneers and a hoppe ring. I had 3 makers in mind, two of which were mentioned earlier.

Cory can get it done in 12 weeks at a fair price so it should be in my hands by the 4th of July.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Underrated is a tough call because I'm going by cues that I've owned or used that I don't see mentioned quite so much here. I'd have to say that Tim Monk tops my list. His cues hit fantastic. I've seen him mentioned here, but not as much as I think his cues deserve mentioning.

MikesCues048

Cues 4 Christ
Silver Member
SLY, Gilbert, Nitti, Bluegrass, Rick Howard, Jim Pierce, BHQ, Downey, S&S, Bob Owen just to name a few excellent players & excellent craftsmanship.