The Worst of everything

cluelesscuer

Decided to try something new. Instead of asking what is the best of something or what do you advice. I am asking what is the worst.

So...

What is the worst dedicated jump cue?
What is the worst dedicated break cue?
What is the worst playing tip?
What is the worst ld shaft?

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Decided to try something new. Instead of asking what is the best of something or what do you advice. I am asking what is the worst.

So...

Subjectivity is the spice of life.

I dont care for house cues as jump sticks

I dont like most house cues as break sticks...

I dont like the Tiger tips from a few years ago, the glue that holds the layers together becomes part of the equation more-so than with other layered tips. I have no idea if they are still the same.

I dont like LD shafts with tenons that have a bunch of junk in them. Stuff can and does go wrong with them. Getting them repaired is usually a non-option. I tend to hit with enthusiasm and like to break with my playing cues... and if I am forbidden from breaking with my LD shaft because of its delicate nature, then I toss them in the same pile as shafts that use an erector set in the tenon.

Gentlemen.... Start your engines.

Lesh

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

So...

ANY jump cue weighing more than 10oz is bordering bad -- the lighter the better.

Break cues, tips, and shafts are matters of individual taste. What's worse to me may by best to you.

cluelesscuer

C'mon guys some input here. Please don't tell me finding the worst is an individual thing and I need to try out different equipment until I find out what exactly is worse for me.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Preoaidr is the best.
Put away the rest.

Attachments

• IMG_0945.JPG
    IMG_0945.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 583

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's wrong with this thread

Is someone going to get their feelings hurt and become a victim of the
mean ole non-pc AZers. boo-f***in-hoo.
Jump cues should be banned.
Any LD shaft that sounds like a piece of cracked plastic when you
hit a ball. (most of them)
Break cues I don't care as I usually play winner breaks and therefore
have little use for one.
Tips, LePro can be the worst or best, it's a crap shoot.
jack

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A little subjective,
any self-respecting table will never come out to play without its worsted cloth on. and
it would rather you didn't jump on.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So...

I would guess the answer is simple: 42 :eek::thumbup:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jump cues are allowed on my table, but only for players that know how to use them. A banger with a jump cue is cloth damage waiting to happen.

Seriously, the thread questions on equipment are a matter of personal feel/preference. Except with jump cues. A great jump cue is one that is very light weight and has a phenolic tip.....doesn't matter if it costs $25 or $500. If it's too heavy it's no good. If it's not a phenolic or very hard tip, it's no good.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So...

I think any jump cue is the worst, makes the game too easy.

Have not found a bad break cue yet, even house cues are fine as long as they had a good tip.

Worst tip, no clue of the name but a few house cues I have seen use some tip that deforms after almost every shot. I have also seen someone play with a break tip and refused to listen to me when I told him what he was using even though it made a "ting" sound on every shot and would miscue on spin shots LOL

LD shafts, I have not liked any Predator aside from a few Z2 models, and not too fond of the McDermott i models, not sure why though. The hit may be a bit too stiff for me on those but it may have been the tips that were on them.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Too easy.

The worst- what my opponent plays with.

The best- what I play with

If I lose- opponent got lucky

If I win- superior skill

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think any jump-break cue is the worst.
What makes a cue jump well forbids it to break well.
I feel a great break cue should be flexible....and have a leather tip.

The best break tip I ever had was a 15 mm Lepro...squeezed in a vice for four days.

I despise jump cues....there should be a penalty for using them...like, uh...
....ten hours of watching Efren kick on YouTube.