Chalk n. Cue pool hall st. Joe Missouri

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How's it going everyone. I've just bought into 50/50 partnership with the owner of chalk N cue in st joe mo. And I have been remodeling it. But I'm mainly asking for advice on revenue ideas for the place. Like specifics on 10 ball break n run pot. Great formats for weekly handicap tourneys. Monthly scotch double tourney. The place has league 3 nites a week. And the pool scene is really strong in st joe. And would like to tap into that. So any help with ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How's it going everyone. I've just bought into 50/50 partnership with the owner of chalk N cue in st joe mo. And I have been remodeling it. But I'm mainly asking for advice on revenue ideas for the place. Like specifics on 10 ball break n run pot. Great formats for weekly handicap tourneys. Monthly scotch double tourney. The place has league 3 nites a week. And the pool scene is really strong in st joe. And would like to tap into that. So any help with ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
That's a really cool old place. Hope you do well. BTW, does a guy named Rick Thompson ever play there anymore?

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a really cool old place. Hope you do well. BTW, does a guy named Rick Thompson ever play there anymore?

yes it is a great place thanks. and yes rick thompson still comes in and plays all the time now. he lives just down the street now so he is always playing at chalk n cue

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any ideas.
You might try a 3-ball tournament on one of your league nights. If you do, line-up the 3 balls instead of a triangle. Harder to make an ace that way. Charge 6bux, put $3 into the low-score(3 rounds) pot, $2 into the ace pot and keep $1 to pay person running it. Start the ace-pot at $100-200. These things get REALLY interesting when that ace pot hits a grand(or more). BTW, tell Rick that the guys in Tulsa still remember him battling Fat Randy at the Palace.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Any ideas.

Maybe it's off topic but just wondering if you have an ATM machine and any video games? Pop-A-Shot basketball and Air Hockey are two high producers, as are driving games and Golden Tee. Air Hockey needs to be away from everything else as it's noisy. A few good machines can mean an extra 500 a week or more. An ATM machine is a must! A good digital jukebox will make some nice revenue as well and you can control the content. I'd also like to see some TV's showing major sports events happening daily, like the Cardinal's games. I don't know what kind of food you serve there, but a nice hot sandwich (roast beef or turkey) is always a hit.

Maybe none of this works for you there, but I just wanted to throw it out there. Good luck!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it's off topic but just wondering if you have an ATM machine and any video games? Pop-A-Shot basketball and Air Hockey are two high producers, as are driving games and Golden Tee. Air Hockey needs to be away from everything else as it's noisy. A few good machines can mean an extra 500 a week or more. An ATM machine is a must! A good digital jukebox will make some nice revenue as well and you can control the content. I'd also like to see some TV's showing major sports events happening daily, like the Cardinal's games. I don't know what kind of food you serve there, but a nice hot sandwich (roast beef or turkey) is always a hit.

Maybe none of this works for you there, but I just wanted to throw it out there. Good luck!
Golden Tee is like having a license to print $$. The new digital jukeboxes are serious cash generators for sure.