Who is the go to cue maker for repairs

jprochnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently acquired a McDermott D-19 and RS-13. Both could use some work as described below. Looking for recommendations on who to send them to.

The D-19 has its dings/dents but I also found the butt end has about a 2mm warp that seems to be in the handle area. I'm thinking that it should be able to straighten it by replacing the handle but waiting to hear opinions first.

The RS-13 is near mint except for about a dime size piece of clear coat missing from the butt sleeve. Looks like near the rings in that section there may be air trapped under the clear as well. This cue has seen very little use and both shafts for it are like new.

Both cues I'm planning on refinishing.

jprochnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See attached. As you can see for the d19 it appears the lifting spot starts in the handle.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 376

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott cues come with a "lifetime" warranty. :)

I don't know what their "reaction" will be if you return the cue to them for a complete "restoral", but they have always done me right.

I sent my old C-14 cue back to them for a complete restoral and it came back looking brand new and it included them making me an additional shaft. I paid $250 when I did mine a few years ago, but the price shows to be $300 now. However, my cue was in "perfect" condition when I sent it...(i.e., no warps, dents, dings, gouges, etc.).