"old school never dies"

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I think this is one of your best.......a cue most persons would do flips over owning.

Matt B.

leon sly

old school maniac!!
Silver Member
Thanks for the compliments I highly appreciate it. Perfection is what I strive for in each and every Q. Watch out for that old farm truck it's a big-time sleeper LOL:wink:

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful

I love that butt sleeve, also the ivory ring above the wrap really sets It Off.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The butt sleeve is lovely and is remiiscent of that beautiful GTB cue made by Pete Tascarella.
I'm fascinated by this particular design and it's giving me an itch to get another cue like this one.
Well done Mr. Sly. This is a design that I think Tommy & especially TJ would flip for. I sure have.

Matt B.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love it. Classy and classic.

Thanks for showing off!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

chefboyjp

Registered
Work of Art....beautiful Birdseye Maple forearm, points and inlays are gorgeous.....awesome job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Nice work as usual Leon. Can you tell me the thickness of the veneers used on this cue as they seem to be on the thicker side just the way I like them.

Not sure why more cue makers are not using the thicker veneers as it is the only type veneer that really makes the colors pop.

Thanks

Kevin

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on the photos, it looks looks like 3mm wide veneers, or thereabout. Let's see what Leon reports back..

leon sly

old school maniac!!
Silver Member
Nice work as usual Leon. Can you tell me the thickness of the veneers used on this cue as they seem to be on the thicker side just the way I like them.

Not sure why more cue makers are not using the thicker veneers as it is the only type veneer that really makes the colors pop.

Thanks

Kevin
veneer thickness .035 & .040