Where to Play in twin cities area,,,,,,

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a trip to Eden Prairie area for a few days coming up in August. I already have my ticket for a Twins/Indians game, so now I need advise on a good poolroom or two with 9 footers.

JCMn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shooter's in Burnsville or two stooges in Fridley. Both are about 30 to 45 minutes from Eden Prairie

There is also a Brunswick zone in Eden Prairie, but I'm not sure what they have for tables or how many people play there.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another great one

CR's Sports Bar and Carbone's pizza. Great place, with a great owner, who took care of all of us when we were snowed in last winter. Their pizza is awesome.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shooter's in Burnsville or two stooges in Fridley. Both are about 30 to 45 minutes from Eden Prairie

There is also a Brunswick zone in Eden Prairie, but I'm not sure what they have for tables or how many people play there.

Shooter's looks like a good spot. Think I'll check it out.

Thanks

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
Send me a PM when you're going to be there. When I leave my house to play, I play at Shooters.

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member

I think Brunswick Zone sold off all their 9 footers....or else sold off most of them. Funny, that place is 15 minutes from my house, and I never go there. A couple years back I remember they were selling off 15-20 9 footers...not sure if they replaced them.

MN_Josh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are the weekly tourneys:

Sat 8-ball Two Stooges 4pm
Sun 9-ball Two Stooges 4pm (7ft)
Mon 9-ball Shooters 7 or 7:30 (9ft gold crowns)
Wed 9-ball Handicap Shooters 7 or 7:30 (9ft gold crowns)
Fri 8-ball Cr Billiards 7

You might also find someone to take you to the Minneapolis Billiards Club. You could try posting to billiardcoach forums.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Send me a PM when you're going to be there. When I leave my house to play, I play at Shooters.

Will do pard. I'll be arriving on the 18th and will fly out on Friday the 22nd. Only thing I have scheduled is the Twins game on the 20th so I'll have 2 or 3 nights to get out a bit and play some.

Here are the weekly tourneys:

Sat 8-ball Two Stooges 4pm
Sun 9-ball Two Stooges 4pm (7ft)
Mon 9-ball Shooters 7 or 7:30 (9ft gold crowns)
Wed 9-ball Handicap Shooters 7 or 7:30 (9ft gold crowns)
Fri 8-ball Cr Billiards 7

You might also find someone to take you to the Minneapolis Billiards Club. You could try posting to billiardcoach forums.

Thanks, I was wondering if there are many one pocket players out that way.

MN_Josh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One Pocket isn't terribly huge up here. You could try shooters or you could try challenging Jimmy Wetch at Jimmy's Pro Billiards. Connecting with people at the halls you might track down a game from one of the few players in the cities that plays.

MnHunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One Pocket isn't terribly huge up here. You could try shooters or you could try challenging Jimmy Wetch at Jimmy's Pro Billiards. Connecting with people at the halls you might track down a game from one of the few players in the cities that plays.

There are alot of one pocket players here, myself included. Shooters is probably the best place to go.

dearnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in Eden Prairie. If you want to go to the best place in the Twin Cities, that would be Shooters. You'll also avoid most of the traffic from going to the places on the north side of town. You can scratch Brunswick Zone off your list in Eden Prairie. That place doesn't even count.

MN_Josh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are alot of one pocket players here, myself included. Shooters is probably the best place to go.

When I said few I'm speaking comparatively. I see a game or two going on at shooters. I've gotten in a few during concentrated times at CR's. Same with Jimmy's.

If you go to Atlanta or other places down south the halls are full of people playing 1 pocket. Comparatively to other areas we have almost no one pocket players. IMHO