trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
00909_d8DJ6OZMVDG_1200x900.jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
WOW!
Were the sub-rails and nut plates redone too ?
I once found a Centennial for a friend.
It was only a pro-8 though.

Joey,

No subrail rebuild. The table was a one owner, never been moved table. Recovered 2 times in its life. Owner was not looking to rebuild the rails and wanted an original as possible antique Centennial. He is more than happy and it was a pleasure restoring this baby, she was awesome to work on.

00F0F_8RDTP8fsBFt_1200x900.jpg

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
centennial

Hi Trent great looking table, just what I am looking for out here on the west coast. I like the original look and not over restored. Thanks for sharing the picture.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Joey,

No subrail rebuild. The table was a one owner, never been moved table. Recovered 2 times in its life. Owner was not looking to rebuild the rails and wanted an original as possible antique Centennial. He is more than happy and it was a pleasure restoring this baby, she was awesome to work on.

Ah. Still has Monarch cushions then.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice table Trent. Amazing to see a one owner Centennial.

BTW what color simonis is that? standard green? I am thinking about english green for my next recover.

Ian

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Trent great looking table, just what I am looking for out here on the west coast. I like the original look and not over restored. Thanks for sharing the picture.

The Cue Ball in Salem, Oregon has a 9' Centennial for sale.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree. It looks like it probably did in the 50's. I like original.

The original centennials look was Ok......but mine aren’t as cheap.....for one I won’t let the table go out playing as badly as they played when they were original.
I have original centennials and anniversary table that are like new......one owner.
I guess I’m missing something here......I really don’t like that tired old centennial look....if your looking for original the aluminum was not buffed.....It was anodized.
Randy you have a chance to buy Phil’s centennial that is original and the rails are redone for playability. If your really wanting one.....they don’t come any more original than that one.

Mark Gregory

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The Cue Ball in Salem, Oregon has a 9' Centennial for sale.

Yes, Jim has that table for sale, problem is, he's not selling it for $1,000-$1,500 dollar price range that most guys are looking to buy at, so they can flip the same tables with a little clean up done to them for $8,000-$12,000....but they do find those unknowing suckers willing to sell for cheap around the country all the time, Jim is just not one of them. And Mark's tables are in a class by themselves as he don't fit in the buy as cheap as possible, then flip for the most you can get, Mark goes way overboard in the rebuilding and refinishing of the tables he sells, that's why his tables cost so much, they're as much ART as they are playable.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's not a knock, it's a comparison of value. It's like a new mustang with an EcoBoost 2.3l 4 cylinder motor, vs a mustang with a 5.0L....just not in the same performance category, even though the owner of the EcoBoost thinks he's driving a performance car.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
That's not a knock, it's a comparison of value. It's like a new mustang with an EcoBoost 2.3l 4 cylinder motor, vs a mustang with a 5.0L....just not in the same performance category, even though the owner of the EcoBoost thinks he's driving a performance car.

It's a knock.
Trent posted a picture of a table he delivered.
The customer is happy.
He did not want to pay double or triple the price he paid.
Like it or not, there is a market for that .

This thread should not be hijacked by grandstanders .
Leave it as is and let the people be happy about it.
This is what's wrong with the pool world .
Too many knockers.

It's a knock.
Trent posted a picture of a table he delivered.
The customer is happy.
He did not want to pay double or triple the price he paid.
Like it or not, there is a market for that .

This thread should not be hijacked by grandstanders .
Leave it as is and let the people be happy about it.
This is what's wrong with the pool world .
Too many knockers.

You should know your biggest knocker of them all.
I try hard to give people value for their money.
Guys that have nothing to contribute other than their opinion should just stick to reading.
Mark Gregory