US Open 9-Ball player list

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
And here are the countries listed. There are 45 of them more or less depending on how you count countries....

Albania, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada,
Cayman Islands, China, Croatia, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark,
England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Macedonia, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand,
Northern Ireland, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Scotland,
Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, USA,
Vietnam, Wales

Thx Robert, by the way, what is your seat #? I got mine months ago.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why isn't Tang HOA on that list??

Does he still play? I see he would be rated as #100 or so in the US but he's not listed as a top player on Fargorate presumably because he has not played lately. The AZB players list shows no winnings since 2016.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
My guess, the $1,000 entry and his game is not what it was.

I just spoke with Tang. It's not about the money. Believe me he can well afford it. He just doesn't feel his game is up to speed with the top players anymore. Smart guy who doesn't have any illusions about his game. Unlike so many who want to over rate their games. '

Nowadays Tang plays for the enjoyment of the game and no longer is trying to see how good he can be. He had his day when he was one of the best. I was with him when he went to the finals of the 1998 U.S. Open against Buddy, played Efren in the finals of the DCC One Pocket, won both ends of the Hard Times Jamboree (9-Ball and One Pocket) against top flight competition, won the Swanee tournament when it was also full of strong players, and finished in the top ten two years in a row on the Camel Tour.

I saw him dominate money games against the best players in L.A. and beat a who's who of champions. Names like Marcus, Morro, Ernesto, Alex, Mika, Santos and EARL felt the wrath of the "Hoa Daddy" when he was on his game.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does he still play? I see he would be rated as #100 or so in the US but he's not listed as a top player on Fargorate presumably because he has not played lately. The AZB players list shows no winnings since 2016.

He played in the Mezz West stop at California Billiards about 6 weeks ago
Also in the last 6 months he played in the Brenden Crocket and Jerry Lin Memorial events.

He has enough games---just number 101 by a tenth of a point

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
He played in the Mezz West stop at California Billiards about 6 weeks ago
Also in the last 6 months he played in the Brenden Crocket and Jerry Lin Memorial events.

He has enough games---just number 101 by a tenth of a point

Mike, Tang finished second in that Mezz tour event at California Billiards. Not bad for a part time player.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
April 1996 CJ's Dallas

I just spoke with Tang. It's not about the money. Believe me he can well afford it. He just doesn't feel his game is up to speed with the top players anymore. Smart guy who doesn't have any illusions about his game. Unlike so many who want to over rate their games. '

Nowadays Tang plays for the enjoyment of the game and no longer is trying to see how good he can be. He had his day when he was one of the best. I was with him when he went to the finals of the 1998 U.S. Open against Buddy, played Efren in the finals of the DCC One Pocket, won both ends of the Hard Times Jamboree (9-Ball and One Pocket) against top flight competition, won the Swanee tournament when it was also full of strong players, and finished in the top ten two years in a row on the Camel Tour.

I saw him dominate money games against the best players in L.A. and beat a who's who of champions. Names like Marcus, Morro, Ernesto, Alex, Mika, Santos and EARL felt the wrath of the "Hoa Daddy" when he was on his game.

Thx, good info....

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shannon Ginky Max and Tang- Shannon is the only one i have the slightest doubt on. Hate these wiiiiiiiiiiiiide pics-didnt even see the guy on the far right who i'd guess is Harriman.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 9bjpeg.jpg
    9bjpeg.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 435

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Shannon Ginky Max and Tang- Shannon is the only one i have the slightest doubt on. Hate these wiiiiiiiiiiiiide pics-didnt even see the guy on the far right who i'd guess is Harriman.

You are correct, that is Danny Harriman on the far right.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I imagine the previous agreement about previous winners getting free entry is well over with?

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"
I'd like to see a calcutta on a gambling website where every country could participate."

Jason you might have a gambling problem. Lol.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I imagine the previous agreement about previous winners getting free entry is well over with?
I asked the media guy at Matchroom and he says all the previous winners are being offered free entry.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I asked the media guy at Matchroom and he says all the previous winners are being offered free entry.

Kudos to Matchroom...I like free entry for life to former winners.

...if we don't honor our game, who will?