Kalamazoo MI big tables anywhere?

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I up here for a few days have not found anywhere good to play and bo big tables. Let me know if there is a good room and especially if there are big tables.

Thanks.

Dana from Indy

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any decent bar tables anywhere then. ???!

Or university or bowling alley.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm an hour north in Grand Rapids. Last I heard, only thing left in K'azoo is the bars. And, I have no idea which ones. Western Mich. Univ. is there, but there "pool room" is nothing more than an old table. Balls have to be checked out if you can even find anyone to get them from, you have to be a student, and the table is total crap. As are the balls. Really sad. Nobody will play on it. My daughter goes there and showed it to me. I almost cried that any university would have something like that there.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dana...There is no table at Western Michigan at all anymore. No poolrooms in either Battle Creek or Kzoo. Closest room would be 40 miles down I94 in Benton Harbor...which is closer than Grand Rapids (but you'd have Neil to play up there). The room there has both 9' and 7' tables. There's a good pool bar in Niles (30 miles south of Kzoo). No tables in the bowling alleys in that area. I'll ask my buddy about the pool bars in Kzoo. If I was still in BC I'd play some with you. That said, my buddy Lance Cowles has two 9' Diamonds at his house in Battle Creek. I could probably set you up to play some if you like...particularly if you like 1-hole. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dana...There is no table at Western Michigan at all anymore. No poolrooms in either Battle Creek or Kzoo. Closest room would be 40 miles down I94 in Benton Harbor...which is closer than Grand Rapids (but you'd have Neil to play up there). The room there has both 9' and 7' tables. There's a good pool bar in Niles (30 miles south of Kzoo). No tables in the bowling alleys in that area. I'll ask my buddy about the pool bars in Kzoo. If I was still in BC I'd play some with you. That said, my buddy Lance Cowles has two 9' Diamonds at his house in Battle Creek. I could probably set you up to play some if you like...particularly if you like 1-hole. :thumbup:

Scott Lee

Scott, just curious...last year they had one in a dorm room. Table was a joke at best. Do you know that that is gone too, or just that they don't have an actual pool room there??

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Benton Harbor will be bank pool 95%. There's a few guys that post here that might play some, I won't be there till Dec 25th through the 30th for a visit.
Jason

Name of the place is Campus Cue.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not positive Neil. My buddy Lance's son just graduated from there last June, and he said there were no tables on campus. They took the game room out of the student union years and years ago. Hopefully elvicash and Bossman69 (Lance) will have a chance to play some together tomorrow night!

Scott Lee

Scott, just curious...last year they had one in a dorm room. Table was a joke at best. Do you know that that is gone too, or just that they don't have an actual pool room there??

Last edited:

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This sucks....

I found that too when I was in Kalamazoo last month. The closest thing I saw online was in Grand Rapids. I am in sales and travel MI, OH, IL, WI, MN, IA, SD, ND, NE, IN, and KY. I am hoping to play everywhere I go. It sucks...I play soccer and pool...and I better start learning shuffleboard. I also can shoot darts.

blusteel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is nothing in Kzoo and forget Western. If you are going to drive 45 minutes to Grand Rapids, then you might as well drive two hours to Detroit for better action.

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a small article in the local paper a number of weeks back that a group was looking for a building into which would go billiard room. Sadly, I've seen nothing since. Years ago I spent a lot of time at Western's union room stocked with Anniversary tables in both pocket and billiards. Now, I pretty much practice in the basement....

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It's sad that there is no pool hall in Kalamazoo, the original home of the US Open One-pocket
Championship.....first time I played with Dekoret balls.

What was the name of that room?

chuck amos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play time billiards closed last year broke my heart! There was an effort by the former APA operator to open a hall, but nothing yet. As for bars, Wayside on Stadium has a shit load of shit tables on a bouncing uper level even a black felted nine footer that is a joke! AFB (another ****ing bar) in campus point mall off Howard street has a decent set up, but loud and rowdy Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Long lake tavern way out portage road is a pretty good setup.
My home room has one of WMU' s old Brunswick anaversary nine footers. It was number 25! At one time long long ago they must have had one hell of a game room! They also had a snooker and three coushion table.

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play time billiards closed last year broke my heart! There was an effort by the former APA operator to open a hall, but nothing yet. As for bars, Wayside on Stadium has a shit load of shit tables on a bouncing uper level even a black felted nine footer that is a joke! AFB (another ****ing bar) in campus point mall off Howard street has a decent set up, but loud and rowdy Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Long lake tavern way out portage road is a pretty good setup.
My home room has one of WMU' s old Brunswick anaversary nine footers. It was number 25! At one time long long ago they must have had one hell of a game room! They also had a snooker and three coushion table.

During 1975-6 I was pretty much a fixture at the WMU union room. I recall the 3c table but not snooker. I also played at Crazy 8s and Wiley's room downtown. Also, K-College had two GCs in one of the campus buildings that a friend and I would occasionally use. Fun times!