Shane Van Boening playing with extension why??

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Probably doesn't hurt to always be used to a cue that works well on the 10 foot tables.

Veteran68

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not? He probably likes a longer cue, as do I. I play with a BalanceRite on my Jacoby all the time, and the new cue I'm having built is a 60".

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane and many others are using extensions. Keep in mind Jayson Shaw is using an extension. Earl looks like he is ready for deep sea fishing with the rig he plays with.

The light cue thing is not really seen that much in the pro ranks.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The extension changes the length, weight and balance of the cue. Once you get used to something, why would you want to put it on and take it off all the time?

I think I would want to keep the same feel all the time.

I assume he is used to the feel.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The extension changes the length, weight and balance of the cue. Once you get used to something, why would you want to put it on and take it off all the time?

I think I would want to keep the same feel all the time.

I assume he is used to the feel.
I bought a BR extension, felt OK
Kind of a pain in the ass putting cue together
it now sits in the bag

ronlovespool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Q: How come you started to play with a cue extender?

A: Earl Strickland first started using it. He is one of those players who are very smart about the game, very dedicated, so he generally knows what he is talking about. A few changes here and here can make a difference. It feels comfortable to play with cue extension.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Works for him!

What ever his reason is, it works for him.

I am 6' 3" and I had Pat Diviney make me 3 cues with 31" butts and 30" shafts and an 8" extension that screws into the butts of the cues if I feel a need to stretch it out.

A 58' cue feels to short to me.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am 6' 5", and once ordered a 61 inch cue. Did not like it, so sold it after a week. I bought a BR extension a year ago, and don't want to shoot without it. Ordered another 6 inch, so I can use the BR on my break cue. Otherwise, I won't put the break cue together.

I might end up using both on my player now for a 68 inch cue.

I will pass on the arm weights though.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use A BR on my Schon, just really like the feel. Once you get used to it it's tough to change back. I'm also about 6' 4" so that may be a factor.