Rebound Pro Rubber Cushions

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never heard of them. Are you considering them for your purchase?

If so, I wouldn't do it. Stick with the oem cushions.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I recently bought a used diamond professional, red label, with oak rails. I took it apart from the sellers home and moved it to my home. The table was originally bought new by MCAS Cherry point and was in a enlisted mens club for many years. The guy I bought it from got it from a government auction and was not a pool player at all and never set the table up correctly, didn't even have the rail bolts in and had never even leveled the table. The rails are all marked Championship Fleetwood, which I assume to be the original rails to the table . I have never heard of the fleetwood thing but have seen championship rails before so I decided to take a chance on them and set it up. After playing on it a couple of weeks I am not too happy about the way the rails play. They seem inconsistent about the table regarding rebound, both speed and rebound angles and yesterday I found 1 small spot on 1 rail, about 2 inches long where the nose contact point is significantly harder than any other part of the rail, and has a very noticeable sound when the ball hits it. So now, I have to find new rail cushions and cloth for just the rails, since I used the entire piece of Simonis when I just recently put the table up. This particular brand of cushion says it's 85% gum rubber, with cloth backing, I know Artemis and others advertise 100% gum rubber, but is that what they start with or are they still 100% AFTER the forming process. They do have cloth backing so it seems unlikely they are 100%, regardless of whether they have other additives.
I want to go with cushions that equal the table in quality, but I don't particularly care to pay a lot extra for name brands. The brand I mentioned here is available from a very prominent source but yet I can find out almost nothing about the brand. If any one has info about it I'd love to hear it,

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never heard of them. Are you considering them for your purchase?

If so, I wouldn't do it. Stick with the oem cushions.

Yeah but what are the oem cushions. This table has Championship Fleetwood marked on all 6 cushions. Are they original? I would assume so, but I never heard of them either and it;s a Diamond Professional table, red label. And, the table is likely at least 25 years old. If I can save substantial dollars on rail rubber that I get 20 years out of it's worth looking into. haven't decided anything yet, just asking for info.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd spend more money and get Brunswick Superspeed.

Yep, and it seems most would, and I may. What I want to know is what is the difference. I see in posts that Artimus is made with 100 percent gum rubber but on their website they don't say that. They say they start with the finest rubber and have 2 or 3 different compounds they use it in. I don't know about Brunswick as I haven't seem any claims by them regarding the rail composition. If there really is a difference worth paying for I'll gladly buy it, but I'm not convinced there is yet. Championship makes claims about being the best yet they are half the price or less of some others, yet I know Diamond uses it on some tables. So if diamond uses a less expensive product to save money, yet they obviously feel it's of adequate quality for their tables, well, why shouldn't the average consumer?

So I suppose nobody has ever even heard of Pro Rebound Cushions, even though it's the only brand sold by a supply house many people use.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know the Artemis and superspeeds are not both options for the same table though, yes? At leas not without ppretty significant modification.

Sounds like you prob did pretty well thus far, $wise. I'd say use same profile rubber and deal with it. Having pool at home is awesome.

Yep, and it seems most would, and I may. What I want to know is what is the difference. I see in posts that Artimus is made with 100 percent gum rubber but on their website they don't say that. They say they start with the finest rubber and have 2 or 3 different compounds they use it in. I don't know about Brunswick as I haven't seem any claims by them regarding the rail composition. If there really is a difference worth paying for I'll gladly buy it, but I'm not convinced there is yet. Championship makes claims about being the best yet they are half the price or less of some others, yet I know Diamond uses it on some tables. So if diamond uses a less expensive product to save money, yet they obviously feel it's of adequate quality for their tables, well, why shouldn't the average consumer?

So I suppose nobody has ever even heard of Pro Rebound Cushions, even though it's the only brand sold by a supply house many people use.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I recently bought a used diamond professional, red label, with oak rails. I took it apart from the sellers home and moved it to my home. The table was originally bought new by MCAS Cherry point and was in a enlisted mens club for many years. The guy I bought it from got it from a government auction and was not a pool player at all and never set the table up correctly, didn't even have the rail bolts in and had never even leveled the table. The rails are all marked Championship Fleetwood, which I assume to be the original rails to the table . I have never heard of the fleetwood thing but have seen championship rails before so I decided to take a chance on them and set it up. After playing on it a couple of weeks I am not too happy about the way the rails play. They seem inconsistent about the table regarding rebound, both speed and rebound angles and yesterday I found 1 small spot on 1 rail, about 2 inches long where the nose contact point is significantly harder than any other part of the rail, and has a very noticeable sound when the ball hits it. So now, I have to find new rail cushions and cloth for just the rails, since I used the entire piece of Simonis when I just recently put the table up. This particular brand of cushion says it's 85% gum rubber, with cloth backing, I know Artemis and others advertise 100% gum rubber, but is that what they start with or are they still 100% AFTER the forming process. They do have cloth backing so it seems unlikely they are 100%, regardless of whether they have other additives.
I want to go with cushions that equal the table in quality, but I don't particularly care to pay a lot extra for name brands. The brand I mentioned here is available from a very prominent source but yet I can find out almost nothing about the brand. If any one has info about it I'd love to hear it,
Brunswick and Diamond are the two table manufacturers who use K55 profile cushions on their rails. Most everybody else uses or used K66 profile cushions. Artemis (German) is available in the K55 profile as well as the K66 profile, although the K55 profile Artemis will cost you more than the K66 profile Artemis. Brunswick Superspeeds are available in K55 profile only. Kleber Klematch is another German cushion manufacturer that makes a very high quality cushion rubber and has K55 profile cushion that may be used on a Brunswick or a Diamond table - also quite pricey.

If you want the best playing table, don't skimp when it comes to your cushions. The cushions, the cloth, and a quality table mechanic are the three most important decisions you'll make in regards to your table, in order for your table to play as well as it possibly can.