Mark "the Mongoose" Gregory Strikes Again

coalcracker

Registered
I can not say enough about Mark Gregory and his expertise as a mechanic. First let me start by saying that I just built my new house with a room in mind for a 9' Gold Crown. Actually, the whole house was built around the table.

After research, Mark was my "go to" guy. He brought me a restored Gold Crown 1. Also, he restored a Gold Crown light that I found with a slight modification. He took the florescent ballasts out, refinished it and converted it to LED. 18,000 lumens. Check out the eight machinist levels per slate he uses.

I can not say enough good things about him. Easy going, patience and perfection are some of the words to describe him and his work. I learned a lot helping him put the thing together. If you want your table done right, you better call Mark.

Attachments

• slate 1.jpg
    slate 1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,150
  • Slate 2.jpg
    Slate 2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,150
  • Slate 3.jpg
    Slate 3.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,142
  • Table 1.jpg
    Table 1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Table 2.jpg
    Table 2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,134
Last edited:

coalcracker

Registered
4.5" corners and 4 7/8 inch sides.

Attachments

• Table 3.jpg
    Table 3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,129
  • Corner Pocket.jpg
    Corner Pocket.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Side Pocket.jpg
    Side Pocket.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,127

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real nice. There's no cool like old school...with tighter pockets.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I think he needs more levels .:eek:

Damn, beautiful table.
Did he replace the subrails and nut plates?

coalcracker

Registered
Yes, everything. New super-speed cushions. And those levels are incredible. Very precise. Placing a dollar bill under one end moves the bubble significantly.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

That ol’ whipper snapper is still working on pool tables....? He knows I’m joking with him.
Is he mooning us in that 3rd picture!?
His work is rock soild.
Looks like he’s got himself a California air compressor, those are sweet!
Great choice!

Rob.M

Last edited:

coalcracker

Registered
Not sure what you mean, I am by no means anyway near a mechanic. If you mean did he glue the cloth to the slates, no. He did glue the slates together in certain places though.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful work. I wish Mark worked on tables up here in the Northeast.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations, she's a beauty. Heard nothing but high regards about Marc's work. Love those old GC's

Enjoy:groucho:
-Kat,

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a completely rebuilt Centennial on order from Mark

It was paid for in advance about a year ago

If anyone would like to buy it for cash I am prepared to take a loss

the waiting is beginning to take a toll on me

It will feature brand new rails ,new wood,heavy new wood
polished aluminum side curtains,new cloth, balls and a beautiful new light

If you want to buy this call me
dean 214 477 7323

It should be about ready it was promised last November
However after several next month and then 2 month promised delivery dates

My wife re arranged our home based on these promised deliveries and is so disappointed that
she can not understand why a person would make a promise if they couldn't deliver

After his heart attack he scheduled a 1 month delivery,then 2 months and those times came and went

However he said it was to be soon,I asked him to make it November 15 or I was going to give up It wasn't worth the aggravation

I know Marks work is top drawer and this table I ordered and paid $23,000 cash for was to be as nice as Billy Incardone's and
Chris's ,a real treasure probably the best table ever made or remade

However Sunday i will be 75 years old and unable to play many more years and the aggravation
is getting to be too much for me so my loss can be your gain

I wish mark the best with his recovery from his heart attack and operation,it is good to see from these pictures how good he looks,

So if anyone wants to buy one of his masterpieces and will pay me now,they can have my table
when it is completed,It is scheduled to be his next one and has been for a year

Dean

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Yes, gluing the cloth to the slate edges and backerboards instead of using staples.

Not sure what you mean, I am by no means anyway near a mechanic. If you mean did he glue the cloth to the slates, no. He did glue the slates together in certain places though.