Three Ko Brothers Playing at the International 9-Ball Open

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For the first time in the USA, all three Ko Brothers will play.
Yes, in the International 9-Ball Open!!
This event is not to be missed.
It's the first time that three brothers have ever played in the same major US Pool Tournament.
History is about to be made.

Attachments

• Ko 1.jpg
    Ko 1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,075
  • ko2.jpg
    ko2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,174
  • Logo black.jpg
    Logo black.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,068
Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice work Karl!
I hope you have enough of those racking volunteers!
How many slots left for to entering tournament ?

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice work Karl!
I hope you have enough of those racking volunteers!
How many slots left for to entering tournament ?
Matti,
We need YOU as a volunteer racker and also as a PLAYER.
There's a slot open for you and I'll buy you many, many triple cheeseburgers!

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look out...I think the collective odds for the rest of the field just dropped. Love watching Little Ko play and look forward to seeing the youngest one play also.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see the youngest in the top 100. How does he play compared to his brothers?

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't see the youngest in the top 100. How does he play compared to his brothers?

Fargorate has them listed :
Big Ko 817
Little Ko 810
Baby Ko 772

Baby Ko's Fargorate should go higher because he just beat Jeffery Ignacio (799) by a score of 9-7 last week at the China Open Qualifiers.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is baby ko on the right side of both pictures? If so, he almost looks older than little ko.

That’s not saying much, since Little Ko looks like he is about 15 years old. :rolleyes:

I would have to journey a guess that Baby Ko is on the right....since he doesn’t look familiar, and I have seen the 2 on the left plenty of times.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fargorate has them listed :
Big Ko 817
Little Ko 810
Baby Ko 772

Baby Ko's Fargorate should go higher because he just beat Jeffery Ignacio (799) by a score of 9-7 last week at the China Open Qualifiers.

He beat Ignacio Twice in those wicked qualifiers!

Those are already figured in his rating, which is just preliminary and based only on what you see here. We just don't have enough information yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 7.55.20 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 7.55.20 AM.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 775

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
One thing, for sure... saying you are the best Pool player in that household means A LOT more than if anyone else says it...

Eric

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
On the other hand ...

One thing, for sure... saying you are the best Pool player in that household means A LOT more than if anyone else says it...

Eric

On the other hand, if you are hustling: "I play alright but both of my brothers play better than I do."

Hu

djg576

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Odds

The Ko brothers, left to right in both pictures: Ping-Chung (middle in age). Pin-Yi (oldest), Ping-Han (youngest)

What are the odds of two of the brothers finishing the top 16, assuming two would play each other prior to this stage? May be my first sweat bet.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very little. Pool isnt a big deal in Taiwan, much like here.

Eric

Pro pool is on TV in Taiwan way more than it is in the USA.

I was just there last April and everyone I talked to (through sign language and translation on most occasions) in the pool halls knew who the pro players were. They were showing me the Facebook pages for pro tournaments and the schedules. I couldn't read the Chinese writing on the websites they were showing me, but I could see that they knew way more about "pool" than the people I see here in the pool hall during the APA leagues.

They all said Chang Jung-Lin was Taiwan's current best pool player.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Pro pool is on TV in Taiwan way more than it is in the USA.

I was just there last April and everyone I talked to (through sign language and translation on most occasions) in the pool halls knew who the pro players were. They were showing me the Facebook pages for pro tournaments and the schedules. I couldn't read the Chinese writing on the websites they were showing me, but I could see that they knew way more about "pool" than the people I see here in the pool hall during the APA leagues.

They all said Chang Jung-Lin was Taiwan's current best pool player.

Ok, I'll give you that; the actual poolplayers are more cognoscenti than ours.

As far as the overall population, Pool is more of a subculture sport, imo. It's not like a large part of the population follows Pool or are fans. Pool rooms aren't everywhere. In fact, once you leave Taipei or Kaohsiung or their suburbs, you won't find many poolhalls.

Eric