AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Finished instructions for installing and leveling 3-piece slates
Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#76)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
I appreciate your birds eye view on leveling slates, what I wrote about leveling slates was to try and help out the DYI table owners as there is nothing in writing anywhere else on this subject to be found. There is a lot more to leveling slates than even you can imagine, which is why I chose to write a more simplified way...as opposed to the low-low leveling system I use myself, which is not for the faint to try

Glen
There's a lot more to almost everything than I can imagine. That's why I imagine things as simply as I can and learn from there. And you're right, the reason I came to my conclusions is because there are scarcely written instructions to be found so I simply had to figure it out, right or wrong. My response was to the guy who your tutorial brought DIY despair, not as a criticism of any kind. Had I had the resource of this thread first I may never even have gotten my straight edge involved. Being new to this forum I see you share your experience and knowlege here selflessly which I admire. Your pictorial thread here on fixing up the GC2 with the rail extensions was awesome. I would like to purchase any DVD's you have produced. Where and how may I do this? Thanks,

John

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#77)
matteroner
AzB Silver Member
matteroner has a reputation beyond reputematteroner has a reputation beyond reputematteroner has a reputation beyond reputematteroner has a reputation beyond reputematteroner has a reputation beyond reputematteroner has a reputation beyond reputematteroner has a reputation beyond reputematteroner has a reputation beyond reputematteroner has a reputation beyond reputematteroner has a reputation beyond reputematteroner has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metmot View Post
There's a lot more to almost everything than I can imagine. That's why I imagine things as simply as I can and learn from there. And you're right, the reason I came to my conclusions is because there are scarcely written instructions to be found so I simply had to figure it out, right or wrong. My response was to the guy who your tutorial brought DIY despair, not as a criticism of any kind. Had I had the resource of this thread first I may never even have gotten my straight edge involved. Being new to this forum I see you share your experience and knowlege here selflessly which I admire. Your pictorial thread here on fixing up the GC2 with the rail extensions was awesome. I would like to purchase any DVD's you have produced. Where and how may I do this? Thanks,

John
the thing is ...if you follow the directions your table will be level....trust me I was going through the steps ...and was like this is redundant or why the heck am doing this .....but I followed exactly and the results were perfect ....so there may be easier and quicker ways of doing it ...but this is an easy to follow manual ...and you can't argue with the results.

I think your system with the straight edge would work great if the slates themselves were flat and true ...but they are not ....so a method that takes the average flatness is what you need and I think this is what this system achieves ..

Old
  (#78)
janaka
AzB Silver Member
janaka has a reputation beyond reputejanaka has a reputation beyond reputejanaka has a reputation beyond reputejanaka has a reputation beyond reputejanaka has a reputation beyond reputejanaka has a reputation beyond reputejanaka has a reputation beyond reputejanaka has a reputation beyond reputejanaka has a reputation beyond reputejanaka has a reputation beyond reputejanaka has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2011, 05:13 PM

Fantastic write up.
I've got a 9' Brunswick Metro Tournament table waiting to be setup and I think with this kind of instruction I can undertake the assembly.

Can you please send me the file to : brantford_swp@yahoo.ca ?

Greatly appreciated.

Jason

Old
  (#79)
TableTek
AzB Silver Member
TableTek has a reputation beyond reputeTableTek has a reputation beyond reputeTableTek has a reputation beyond reputeTableTek has a reputation beyond reputeTableTek has a reputation beyond reputeTableTek has a reputation beyond reputeTableTek has a reputation beyond reputeTableTek has a reputation beyond reputeTableTek has a reputation beyond reputeTableTek has a reputation beyond reputeTableTek has a reputation beyond repute

01-06-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
This is in 8 pages, this is page one.
Attachment 36051
Hey Buddy!

http://houston.craigslist.org/lbs/2786928548.html

Old
  (#80)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

01-24-2012, 11:27 PM

Back to the top.

Old
  (#81)
Dartman
Keno Pool is Cool
Dartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Dartman  
01-25-2012, 04:54 PM

This thread needs to be a sticky.

Old
  (#82)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

01-25-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
This thread needs to be a sticky.
It was, until someone decided to have it removed

Old
  (#83)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

01-25-2012, 04:58 PM

My head hurts from sleeping in the server room.

Old
  (#84)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

07-12-2012, 01:10 PM

Just a quick attachment to the thread...

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: pdf How to correctly install and level a 3-piece slate-1.pdf (204.2 KB, 10674 views)

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: