Silencing diamond ball return

Electech

on the b train again....
Silver Member
So is their a way to silence a diamond ball return? Thinking rubber where the balls collect but what about the wedge?

9 ft diamond pro am

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
Cut a 0iece of carpet

Cut a piece of carpet... if your Proam is the kind where the balls are all funnelled to the middle and then they fall off the 6 inch drop,,cut a piece of carpet or yoga mat the same width as the ball return box and slide it all the way to towards the center of the table up against the vertical wall,so when the balls take the six inch drop they land on the padding...this will deaden the thumping sound that occurs for every ball pocketed...it works well...
Good luck,
Gordon
425:275-8255

Last edited:

Electech

on the b train again....
Silver Member
It is the one with the drop. That is where the louder sound is coming from. going to get some carpet or rubber as suggested and try. If i wake the baby up again my wife is going to sell the table!:eek:

Thank you

Cut a piece of carpet... if your Proam is the kind where the balls are all funnelled to the middle and then they fall off the 6 inch drop,,cut a piece of carpet or yoga mat the same width as the ball return box and slide it all the way to towards the center of the table up against the vertical wall,so when the balls take the six inch drop they land on the padding...this will deaden the thumping sound that occurs for every ball pocketed...it works well...
Good luck,
Gordon
425:275-8255

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It is the one with the drop. That is where the louder sound is coming from. going to get some carpet or rubber as suggested and try. If i wake the baby up again my wife is going to sell the table!:eek:

Thank you

Hmmmm....baby.....pool table.....baby......pool table....hmmmm decisions....decisions:thumbup:

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
....... If i wake the baby up again my wife is going to sell the table!:eek:

Thank you

I silence my ball return by placing a hand towel in each pocket. When my wife is napping it is dangerous to wake her. It is worth the inconvenience to avoid the meltdown.:eek:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Alright guys, if you want to block the ball tracks, i've said before, car wash sponges work the best...LOL