New inventions in pool?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m hoping someone comes out with a new system for aiming.

‘Shoot like a pro. You too can now hit a ball with a stick into a 5 inch hole at 6 feet’

I was going to bring up Poolology, invented by BC21, Brian Christ. It really is an advancement in playing pool. The thing that sets this system apart is that it tells you the fractional aim point that will pocket two balls randomly placed on the table, given a normal amount of throw. The idea is to speed up the learning process for beginners so that they begin to recognize when the shot "looks right." When you master Poolology you no longer need it.

I'm not aware of anyone who has found such a simple relationship between the balls and the rails. I think it qualifies as a new advancement in the game.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The question as to whether good equipment makes one play better can't really be addressed by asking if everyone would play more weller with premium equipment.

A more accurate question would be would a given player play better with a premium cue, vs a lesser quality one.

Presuming all are structurally equal:
I think a pro would play better with a quality cue, vs an cheapo.

I think I play better with any of my quality cues, vs the dufferins I have.

I don't think a true beginner would play better due to cue change though.

. ‘Better quality versus el cheapo’

Not unless your expensive cue is adding something to the task. I don’t write any better with a silver pen than a 25 cent Bic. Doesn’t matter if the silver pen is 90% pure silver or 30% pure...or has a titanium nib.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I was going to bring up Poolology, invented by BC21, Brian Christ.

I'm not aware of anyone who has found such a simple relationship between the balls and the rails. I think it qualifies as a new advancement in the game.
Joe Tucker’s “Aiming By Numbers” training system comes close (with the help of numbered training balls). Here’s Bob Jewett’s article about it:

http://www.sfbilliards.com/Misc/tucker_system.pdf

pj
chgo

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Tucker’s “Aiming By Numbers” training system comes close (with the help of numbered training balls). Here’s Bob Jewett’s article about it:

http://www.sfbilliards.com/Misc/tucker_system.pdf

pj
chgo

It is in one sense, but it uses kind of a brute force method. With Poolology you use the same balls you play with and the answer is derived with simple math. I believe it is revolutionary and is not getting the attention it deserves.

Tucker reminds me of a Rube Goldberg contraption whereas Poolology is more like a nice, clean iphone.