rps20200524_182249.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 757
  • rps20200524_182705.jpg
    rps20200524_182705.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 746

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the compliments. I've just tried to emphasize the real beauty of those pieces of wood. Had some fun and new experience).

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
Nice Brugge. Congrats. :cool:

WOW.........no kidding! Can't even wait till after I'm dead to start doing tribute cues :rolleyes:
Everyone that's anyone knows that for over 20 years this has been a style of deco rings I've used in a large number of my cues. Before I started doing this style there was no one that even had the idea of how to do these. It just goes to show the type of no respect that goes on in this industry and how people just don't give a shit about what they do or how they do it as long as they can make a buck. Even with that, they don't have the balls to say "Hey I seen a cue so and so did and thought it looked cool. That's where I got my inspiration from because I don't have a creative bone in my body."
Instead they just act like it's some new and exciting concept they just came up with.
What a joke.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Though the ringwork does look like exactly like your ringwork, I wonder whats the timeframe where its no longer a considered a joke to replicate/be inspired by something? Just an honest question regarding etiquette, like once you use it, is it considered off limits for others to use it?

I would think when folks do a full splice with veeners, a cuemaker does do not need to reference Brunswick being their inspiration, if using a unilock or radial, referencing Bill ,or using 4 axis machining, referencing Thomas Wayne.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW.........no kidding! Can't even wait till after I'm dead to start doing tribute cues :rolleyes:
Everyone that's anyone knows that for over 20 years this has been a style of deco rings I've used in a large number of my cues. Before I started doing this style there was no one that even had the idea of how to do these. It just goes to show the type of no respect that goes on in this industry and how people just don't give a shit about what they do or how they do it as long as they can make a buck. Even with that, they don't have the balls to say "Hey I seen a cue so and so did and thought it looked cool. That's where I got my inspiration from because I don't have a creative bone in my body."
Instead they just act like it's some new and exciting concept they just came up with.
What a joke.

I have all my respect to you as a great and creative cuemaker whose works really stand out...
If I wanted just to make a buck I would never choose this sport I love working with kids and so on and on. The same goes to cue building...I'll be happy if one day I get back the investments).
Look at the name of this thread. That is what about... the best creator in this world is our mother nature and this cue will be unique first of all due to the woods in the forearm & buttsleeve (and may be due to construction nitty-gritty details which are hidden from an eye etc.) That wood is amazingly rare and I'd glad to know if there's any cue where it was used. I'm happy when I could catch the beauty whatever it is...
What I'm sorry there are those who does not value the real beauty of what mother nature created.
Well when it comes to all the compliments to the ringwork...you're right ...this cue is not unique due to my mind invented those rings ... my curiosity how to do it was inspired partly by your work. That's true. My respect.
Sorry if me having fun, enjoying the process and the results did hurt you.
Best regards,
Sergii.

Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This project turned into a nice playing tool. 60"... I've tested it at the table and I really like how it plays, feels etc. What else is needed?)

Attachments

• IMG_20210122_214558_435.JPG
    IMG_20210122_214558_435.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_20210122_215046_755.JPG
    IMG_20210122_215046_755.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20210122_214900_891.JPG
    IMG_20210122_214900_891.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 138
  • rps20210122_212913.jpg
    rps20210122_212913.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 129
  • rps20210122_212402.jpg
    rps20210122_212402.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 138
  • rps20210122_212336.jpg
    rps20210122_212336.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 135

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice. Love the rings!

I kind of wish the “arrows” in the rings were all pointing in the same direction though. Of course, that may just be my natural OCD kicking in! 😁

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned cues from makers like Tascarella, Southwest, Ariel Carmeli, Eddie Cohen and Dennis Searing. The wood quality, the workmanship and the solid hit of this cue is on par with any of them. Granted the cue doesn't have fancy inlays and points, but it just hits and feels so good in my hands.

I'm not sure what's in your shop Mr. Vaskovskyi's, but equipped with the right high-end tools (i.e. lathes and CNC machines), I'm sure you could make some amazing cues. Congratulations sir and thank you!
IMG_3159.jpg
IMG_3161.jpg
IMG_3159.jpg
IMG_3167.jpg
IMG_3160.jpg
IMG_3161.jpg
IMG_3162.JPG
IMG_3163.JPG
IMG_3165.jpg
IMG_3166.jpg

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hee, hee.
Too sensitive.
It never bothered me when people copied my work.
Basically a "try and catch me if you can". If my good ideas are easy enough to copy, they weren't that special to me after all.

People have been doing those intarsia banding and purfling style shifts for centuries.
A number of years ago a professional acquaintance was showing me some intricate antiques stuff with copper foil between each element, that he was restoring and replicating.

smt

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned cues from makers like Tascarella, Southwest, Ariel Carmeli, Eddie Cohen and Dennis Searing. The wood quality, the workmanship and the solid hit of this cue is on par with any of them. Granted the cue doesn't have fancy inlays and points, but it just hits and feels so good in my hands.

I'm not sure what's in your shop Mr. Vaskovskyi's, but equipped with the right high-end tools (i.e. lathes and CNC machines), I'm sure you could make some amazing cues. Congratulations sir and thank you!View attachment 588091View attachment 588092View attachment 588093View attachment 588094View attachment 588095View attachment 588096View attachment 588097View attachment 588098View attachment 588100View attachment 588101

Thank you for nice words, Serafin.
I really appreciate it and I'm happy every time I succeed to make somebody enjoy what I had enjoyed.
That was my cue #7 in total and I had some fun working on it so now I wish you to have fun playing with it).

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
The title of this thread was about the wood. It was mentioned it was rare and special. I must have missed the informative part about what exactly was the wood. Looks like some strain of satinwood and african blackwood to me.

Nice woods but not particularly exotic. But a nice looking cue overall. I don't really care for the rings, not my cup of tea.