Tips pros use?

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I believe a lot of pros are using Kamui, couldn't tell you exactly which ones. I do know that Mika uses Kamui.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
I suppose that is great, we are a Kamui authorized dealer and installer. Wisconsin Billiard Supply. If we can be of service to any AZ member let us know. If we don't sell it we will recommend who is the best.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it depends on their sponsor these days but also they pick one they are comfortable with "hardness wise" ill name what I know.

SVB - Kamui brown medium
Jayson Shaw - Kamui black medium
Mika immonen - Kamui black soft
Mike Dechaine - Predator victory tip
Dennis Orcollo - Tiger's Sniper
Warren Kiamco - Tiger's Sniper
Efren Reyes - Elk Master
Earl Strickland - Moori Quick

These the ones i'm sure about as Ive listened to all TAR Podcasts or asked them myself. Maybe some other AZers can complete the list.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been a couple years since I asked him, but Rodney Morris told me he prefers Triangle tips.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I've heard Efren say he uses an Elk Master.

I had to laugh because those are the same tips I bought for our community center house cues...because they were the cheapest :D

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea efren reyes uses elk master, but Earl Strickland in recent years he changed from elk master to moori quick I think

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Yes we may know what kind of tip a pro uses but I bet it's a new tip every match............

Kim

djkx1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes we may know what kind of tip a pro uses but I bet it's a new tip every match............

Kim

I know Shane will sometimes use a tip till all that's left is a sliver of leather and I'm sure a lot of pros will only change it once it is absolutely necessary. A lot of people will tell you that once you get used to something you don't change it unless you have to.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Shane will sometimes use a tip till all that's left is a sliver of leather and I'm sure a lot of pros will only change it once it is absolutely necessary. A lot of people will tell you that once you get used to something you don't change it unless you have to.
---------------------------------------------------
That wait-until-it's-only-a-sliver is a reckless practice. I've seen more than few ferrules damaged that way. The reason is that miscues (essentially inevitable with any thickness of tip) pose a special danger to the ferrules of players who let their tip reduce to the cited "sliver" thickness. The result is moderate to severe deformation of the ferrule's end portion, along with lengthwise scratching and scarring of ferrules.

Deformations and scratching that would less likely have happened with a moderately thicker-than-mere-sliver tip.

Arnaldo