A Public Statement

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Hear Ye,

Since this forum is supposedly from where my 'vacation' originated, I just want to say HERE that I very much appreciate Mike Howerton allowing me back after about a 2 1/2 year absence.

Thanks Much, Mike.

As for the main subject matter of this sub forum, not much at all has changed in all of my 2 1/2 year absence. Nothing has been offered of any substance to support certain affirmations made about that main subject matter.

As always, science contradicts those certain affirmations.

It is rather sad that some simply can not face those scientific realities... for whatever reason(s).

I and others think that AZB should be a place where those who play the cue sports can come & get Truthful Information... or at least information that is not" known" to be scientifically false.

While I was gone, Poolology came out. If used in its basic raw form without rounding any of the numbers it seems to be the closest thing that could be to an "objective" system for aiming pool shots. However, since numbers are rounded for ease of use it TOO goes into the realm of subjective appraisals & applications. The thing is that when one knows in what direction the rounding was done, one can then shade to the opposite direction to perhaps offset such.

Anyway, I am glad to be back. I hope that as adults, civil & reasonable discussions can be had as that, I think, is the intent of discussion forums.

That being the case, I think that censorship of ANY kind is NOT a good idea. I know of no time when censorship or restriction of civil speech as resulted in anything that was truly good.

Best Wishes to ALL with Sincerity.

PS Mike, If I get too close to the deep end, please just call me back before I drown myself. I simply have an affinity for The Truth & do not like to see anyone being deceived by ANY means, whether by accident or intentionally.

PPS Mike, Perhaps you should get involved in the discussions. I think it would be a good thing & might be informative in both or many directions.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here Ye, Here Ye, Here Ye,

Since this forum is supposedly from where my 'vacation' originated, I just want to say HERE that I very much appreciate Mike Howerton allowing me back after about a 2 1/2 year absence.

Thanks Much, Mike.

As for the main subject matter of this sub forum, not much at all has changed in all of my 2 1/2 year absence. Nothing has been offered of any substance to support certain affirmations made about that main subject matter.

It is rather sad that some simply can not face those scientific realities... for whatever reason(s).

I and others think that AZB should be a place where those who play the cue sports can come & get Truthful Information... or at least information that is not" known" to be scientifically false.

While I was gone, Poolology came out. If used in its basic raw form without rounding any of the numbers it seems to be the closest thing that could be to an "objective" system for aiming pool shots. However, since numbers are rounded for ease of use it TOO goes into the realm of subjective appraisals & applications. The thing is that when one knows in what direction the rounding was done, one can then shade to the opposite direction to perhaps offset such.

Anyway, I am glad to be back. I hope that as adults, civil & reasonable discussions can be had as that, I think, is the intent of discussion forums.

That being the case, I think that censorship of ANY kind is NOT a good idea. I know of no time when censorship or restriction of civil speech as resulted in anything that was truly good.

PS Mike, If I get too close to the deep end, please just call me back before I drown myself. I simply have an affinity for The Truth & do not like to see anyone being deceived by ANY means, whether by accident or intentionally.

PPS Mike, Perhaps you should get involved in the discussions. I think it would be a good thing & might be informative in both or many directions.

Welcome back, English -- try and keep it between the shoulders and the greasy side down.

Personally, your post reminded me of, "A Chorus Line" the Broadway show and one particular number called, "Nothing."

https://marvinhamlisch.com/reviews/song-nothing-rendition-by-priscilla-lopez-1998/

I think many of us read posts here and feel the same sentiment.

Lou Figueroa

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello. My name is Brian and I'm an alcoholic. Oh...wait a minute....wrong forum.

I have heard of the infamous ENGLISH, and I agree with everything you just posted. Not that my agreement means all that much, just wanted to say welcome back and glad to meet ya.:)

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Hello. My name is Brian and I'm an alcoholic. Oh...wait a minute....wrong forum.

I have heard of the infamous ENGLISH, and I agree with everything you just posted. Not that my agreement means all that much, just wanted to say welcome back and glad to meet ya.:)

Hi Brian,

It means something to me because in my absence you have been one of The Truth Tellers based in Science. (Even though you sometimes leave some wiggle room. WINK!)

Your Poolology is rather ingenious... & you don't make any bombastic assertions about it. Given the many angled shots that can & do come up in the game 3 fractional overlaps in each direction is not enough visual markers to meet the needs. When I left Ghost Ball as a young teenager I gave fractional a brief try, but I found 1/8s to not be enough & seeing 1/16s was a bit difficult to do on a regular & consistent basis even for a youngster. So, I went to Equal & Opposite Overlap with no fractional designations.

You & guys like Dan White & most others know that individual subjectivity must be & is a part of aiming & aligning the cue. As I said before, Poolology could actually be "objective" if the numbers were actually used in their raw form, but doing so would be too cumbersome for most Normal Human Beings & then there is the difficulty of actually seeing something like 5/32 or 11/64. So... Normal Human Beings need to round off such numbers... which then brings in Subjectivity & what has been learned though the experience of many misses & makes.

I think you have developed a method based on what is probably a system that can speed up that learning curve for newer players or those who just have not developed a good sense through the HAMB process. It's also a good tool for reinforcing certain shots that tend to give one trouble such as perhaps back cuts... AND... you do not deny the existence of CIT that needs to be considered.

Congratulations on coming up with a solidly systemic based method.

ALL Best Wishes,
RJ

Last edited:

Valiant Thor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Statement

Hay English , you should try a system called CTE PRO ONE it is based on 15/30/45 perceptions with a pivot to center cue ball. It makes all shots on the table center pocket.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Hay English , you should try a system called CTE PRO ONE it is based on 15/30/45 perceptions with a pivot to center cue ball. It makes all shots on the table center pocket.

I do not even sniff the FALSE bait, as no "It" does anything.

Then there is "Hey" vs "Hay".

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
LOW500 said:
Then there is "hear ye, hear ye, hear ye"...........vs "here ye, here ye, here ye" (re: a recent sterling announcement)
:smile: The silliness of many amateur scientists is limitless

Did I do that? I must have been thinking about calling others over to "hear".

Science is the Truth. No amount of false statements can get around The Truth.

Thanks for pointing out my faux pa.

Is there a system for objectively playing Jazz or Blues Harmonica or is it better to play by learned experience & feel?

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did I do that? I must have been thinking about calling others over to "hear".

Science is the Truth. No amount of false statements can get around The Truth.

Thanks for pointing out my faux pa.

Is there a system for objectively playing Jazz or Blues Harmonica or is it better to play by learned experience & feel?

Is this a Jazz or Blues Harmonica forum?
it's ok you've said your peace about CTE. The question now is how many times you are going to repeat it each and every day till it eats you up inside and you break down and need another long time out.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Some have shown time & time again that they are simply incapable of having a civil reasonable discussion about this subject matter.

If I was a newbie to the topic & knew 'nothing' about it, I know who's side of the discussion that I would believe simply based on "their" behavior.

All that they do is employ the "attack the messenger" TACTIC. That is basically a last ditch attempt when one has nothing of any REAL Substance to support "their" position.

It is generally used when ALL of their other attempts to 'prove' their position have failed.

The new thing in our society is to simply call those on the other side racists or bigots. Another of the Pro CTEers has already called me a bigot in another thread & I have not yet been back a week.

There is a line in a John Wayne movie where Richard Boone's character has John Wayne's character surrounded when he was suppose to be delivering ransom money. John Wayne's character said to Boone's character... "You must think that I'm a real dangerous man.".

As far as I know, "censorship" or the restriction of speech has never resulted in anything that was truly good.

If something is legitimate it should be able to stand up to ANY scrutiny. Mr. Shuffett disabled comments on his You Tube Channel & the Vocal CTEers here simply do not want the Method Questioned or Honestly Critiqued.

What does THAT say about it?

I will add this... If the CTEers are sincere about what they "believe" the method to be... & I have no "real" reason to suggest that they are not... then I can understand their frustration with their inability to "prove" what they "believe" it to be with a rational, reasonable, explanation.

It is impossible to rationally & reasonably explain something that is scientifically NOT what it is purported to be. So... the "attack the messenger(S)" TACTIC gets employed... over & over & over again.

As I said in my OP, I had hoped that CIVIL, adult discussions might be had, but once again "some" have shown that to be seemingly out of the realm of possibility.

"Out of the realm of possibility". How appropriate is that given the main topic of this sub forum.

Mike, If you remove Cookie's post, please remove these also, as they are a reaction & were not intended to be posted prior to the "attack" on me personally.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Give it up, already.

Jesus!

If you don't like or use or believe CTE, then GTFO of the threads and STFU.

None of you are Charles Bronson in Death Wish, where you need to avenge something or protect somebody.

If people want to talk about CTE or believe in it, then quit worrying about it and stay the hell out of the threads.

I'm neither pro- or anti-CTE, but it seems that some people think it works for them. What is that hurting YOU?

You ain't the POLICE.

Leave the people ALONE.

I wish they'd ban about 3/4 of the non-CTE posters. The same damn bunch wreak havoc on the boards and have done so for years.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Hear Ye,

Thanks Much, Mike.

WELCOME BACK, we're a better group with than without you

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Give it up, already.

Jesus!

If you don't like or use or believe CTE, then GTFO of the threads and STFU.

None of you are Charles Bronson in Death Wish, where you need to avenge something or protect somebody.

If people want to talk about CTE or believe in it, then quit worrying about it and stay the hell out of the threads.

I'm neither pro- or anti-CTE, but it seems that some people think it works for them. What is that hurting YOU?

You ain't the POLICE.

Leave the people ALONE.

I wish they'd ban about 3/4 of the non-CTE posters. The same damn bunch wreak havoc on the boards and have done so for years.

You seem to be unaware & seem to NOT understand the issue That is part of the problem here. I just had a considerable private conversation with a member who was of the same sentiment as you. He now understands what the issue is & he now seems to be in more agreement with me & others then he was before. He at least admits that "they" simply will not admit the truth.

I and others have suggested either a sub forum or thread where that of which you speak for them can be done, but without the false 'advertising' that is misleading. "They" can not do that. When that small group is involved the false statements come out.

Like PJ said so well, AZB should be a place where people playing the game can come for Truthful Information or at least information that is not known to be scientifically incorrect.

There are many, many, thousands who read AZB, they should not be mislead by scientifically false statements.

If someone continually said, "That guy that goes by Hawaiian Eye is a thief & a rapist & we need to lock him up in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.", would you be okay with that?

You'll probably come back with some wise guy answer, but I think the General Readership gets the idea.

Just think if this False Information thing spread to where AZB was more of it than Truthful Helpful Information. AZB would lose ALL credibility & would become the laughing stock of The Pool World.

There are those who use AZB as a personal playground but it is much more than that... or at least it should be.

I hope this has been as enlightening for you as the specifics were for that other member who PMd me.

Best Wishes.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
WELCOME BACK, we're a better group with than without you

Thank You ""Very Much. You are a 'brave' one. I hope the vitriol of that few does not come at you in retaliation. You have reminded me that I need to thank those who took up for me & have supported me in the past & I here by do so. I'll have to think about a post in the main section so it reaches more of those people. I know that I have much more support compared to that relatively small very vocal group. Most people value the truth.

Thanks Again.

Last edited: