Schon Cue Age and Advice?

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be a buyer for this cue in the 500-600 range depending on what the shafts looked like. Money is subtracted if the shafts(s) have issues like less than 12.8mm at the ferrule, dings, rolls funny, bad tip(s), not 29" in length...ect. Also, if the butt has been dinged up or has a roll in it, I may not be a buyer at any price.

You can find new shafts easy enough for around 100.00 each. A refinish is in the 200.00 range, and, a crooked butt cost a lot more to straighten if not impossible to do so.

Bottom line, hit a few balls with it and if you like it, buy it. Just know that if there is something off about the cue, it cost money to fix it. That is money that you will not see back if and when you decide to sell the cue and move onto something else.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hockeyguy

Registered
I would be a buyer for this cue in the 500-600 range depending on what the shafts looked like. Money is subtracted if the shafts(s) have issues like less than 12.8mm at the ferrule, dings, rolls funny, bad tip(s), not 29" in length...ect. Also, if the butt has been dinged up or has a roll in it, I may not be a buyer at any price.

You can find new shafts easy enough for around 100.00 each. A refinish is in the 200.00 range, and, a crooked butt cost a lot more to straighten if not impossible to do so.

Bottom line, hit a few balls with it and if you like it, buy it. Just know that if there is something off about the cue, it cost money to fix it. That is money that you will not see back if and when you decide to sell the cue and move onto something else.

It has a small nick on the butt near the Schon logo on the white ring. The tip is a Tiger Sniper. Shaft looks great.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With one shaft, 400-450. I sold a newer Schon with two new shafts last year for 500.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would the diameter of the ferrule be an issue?
Almost all Schons come standard with 13mm. Unless you know the shafts were ordered smaller then 12.8(or less) can be a sign they've been sanded/taken down.