Do you actually use a different Cue for say 9, 8, 10 Ball, 14/1, or One

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Old guy and I were talking yesterday about "Dave" a fellow who just died, well Dave had this 6 X 12 Butterfly Case he use to shelp in and out of Pool room. Never was selling, just like packing heavy.

Dave said some of the Cues were for this game, or that game. But most played 8 Ball, and at one time did own a Bar with a Few Pool Tables. Old cheap Cue to league players.

Do you travel light or heavy? Me I travel with as little as possible,

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mostly I just carry an older Predator SP, no joint collar and usually in the soft bag it came in. Chalk, cue cube, glove held in the open pocket by a rubber band. Light and low key.

I have some nice cues and cases that stay home, hidden on top of a bookcase. Pretty stupid but I blame growing up in North Jersey.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Old guy and I were talking yesterday about "Dave" a fellow who just died, well Dave had this 6 X 12 Butterfly Case he use to shelp in and out of Pool room. Never was selling, just like packing heavy.

Dave said some of the Cues were for this game, or that game. But most played 8 Ball, and at one time did own a Bar with a Few Pool Tables. Old cheap Cue to league players.

Dave sounds like a pain in the ass.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't, but there were the "old timers" who would prefer a 57" cue with a heavier ( 4 ounce minimum shaft for 14.1 and a one inch longer shaft ( total 58" cue) with a longer pro taper for rotation games. Mizerak mentions the heavier shafts for 14.1 in one of his books. The theory was that the heavier shaft moved the cue ball more accurately for short distances and the lighter shaft with a longer pro taper helped move the cue ball easier around the table for longer distances. Just theory that I have heard and read- not my opinion. I will say that, for some reason, I myself do like the feel of a 57inch cue better when playing 14.1; but I am of medium height. A 59'' cue is very uncomfortable for me for any game.

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
One playing cue, 1 or 2 shafts.
Borrow a break or jumper on site. I let others carry the heavy cases.

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes i do

I use an old 64 ginacue for pocket billiard games and a tad for 3 cushion, both are merry widows and no one ever takes a second look at them

I also have a lomax break/jump for 8, 9 10 ball

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I run around with my 3x4 case. Two playing cues in case a friend wants to borrow my other player. My main player, a breaker, and my jump shaft takes the last spot for shafts.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

not only diff cues but diff shafts based on weather its a long shot, thin cut shot, power draw shot, bank shot, etc.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not Originally......Then I Did......Now I Don’t.

I used to assemble 3 cues to play with......stopped doing it years ago.

My ‘85 Schon Bob built to my design specs is heavier than I now use......20.4 ozs.
It is a wonderful weapon when long shots are needed on 9’ or 10’ tables.....accuracy+.

My TS cue imparts a very precise feel to the way it plays and is extraordinarily well
suited for delicate, finesse shots keeping the cue ball within a tight area & soft movement.

My EP cue was the cue to go to for playing the match. It has such a great balance and feel
making you think you can’t miss. Absolutely a top cue for pressure matches....gives you confidence.

And then Bob & Jerry came along and the cues they produced are phenomenal. So now there’s
too many to pick and choose from. The Runde Schon stays at home.....too heavy. It just doesn’t
get played any longer. My six ivory joint cues travel in one case (6x12) & one cue gets removed.

Sometimes I will switch cues and other times just play with the cue I removed. All of my customs
basically have the same specs which was intentionally done and the reason I do not own a Hercek.
I never found one of Joel’s cues that had the specs I want & with CA’s ivory ban, it’s now prohibited.

My break cue sits at home. I just never got the benefits of using a break cue. Maybe I am too weak
or whatever so I just use a house cue. Sometimes 18-19 ozs and other times 20-21 ozs. It does not
matter to me. I found the lighter cues break better for me, likely due to increased stroke velocity.
However the break is truly my weakness rather than being a strength like with some of my buddies.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
If the mood is dark I will sometimes turn around and say very loudly, "momma, get me mah kickin' cue!" in my best southern drawl.

I have 2 playing cues and 1 breaker. My custom cue has ivory in it and I'm far too pretty to go to jail so I have a spare that I take to tournaments across the border.