Vintage Brunswick Cue?

ClarkX

Registered
I have a Brunswick cue that I believe is a vintage cue. I know nothing about this cue. Is there someone out there that can recognize it and give me information about this including approximate value. I am trying to sell this for a 88 year old woman in New York but I think I am over my head. Any help would be appreciated!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Brunswick cue that I believe is a vintage cue. I know nothing about this cue. Is there someone out there that can recognize it and give me information about this including approximate value. I am trying to sell this for a 88 year old woman in New York but I think I am over my head. Any help would be appreciated!

They are kinda neat but don't have much value.

$25 IMO.

Ken

ClarkX

Registered
Vintage Cue

Maybe I am wrong, but....the cue has 30 inlays, brass joints, what looks like nickel rings...maybe it's a production model but it doesn't look like it to me..might be wishful thinking I guess. Would still like to know the model and year of production. I have been chasing this for a year and am getting nowhere. Alas.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like one I have someone told me it was an Imperial
If you can't find a buyer over 75 dollars pm me .
I already have a couple but they are nice to display.
Or put it on ebay , you never know what someone will pay. {Usually not much , but sometimes they go crazy}

ClarkX

Registered
Vingage Brunswick Cue

Why is this cue held in so ill repute: I was purchased in the mid to late 60's, I does not have the look of a straight production models. 28 MOP ovals, 8 points, mother of pearl rings on top and bottom of the butt, nickel rings that maybe silver rings top and bottom of the butt, famous bubble B, perfectly straight shaft and butt, four inlaid crosses. blue book kists this a a secondary piece with this much going on as a level 5. Hit's like a freight train. How can this be a 60? Blue book lists the peripherals such the butt cap (maybe ivory) and other pieces as being more expensive.
This is not to say it is a long lost balabushka or Blow but come'on these don't look like they were sold with that table he had (which I believe was a Centeniel but please don't hold this to me. I can't believe any of you know the model and date this was made. Surely SOME ONE knows what it is? I don't want to tell Helen, the 88 year old woam that what she has is cheap Sears cue but if I must then I mu;st. "Come on people, you are the best eyes on the planet! Also, was it common to have brass joints like thse on a production line model? I have four of these cues for sale but don't insult me intelligemce bu pfferomg 25 dollars. Information pleas?

Last edited:

ClarkX

Registered
vintage

It used to be the Brunswick name meant something in the sport. Isn't it tht way anymore?

Bruce Clark Maybee

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im not trying to insult anyone. IF you want me to tell you its worth $3000, then I will tell you its worth $3000.

These are cheap import cues made in the 1970's for Brunswick.

If you have (4) and can get $100 you better take it.

I have no interest in buying them, Im not trying to rip you off. I don't care if you are 12 years old or 100 years old.

I wish you the best, but give these cheap cues a rest. They are what they are, nearly worthless.

Ken

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Yeah buddy, this cue is great to converse over, and think how much it would have been worth if it was made in the 1930's and made BY Brunswick.

It has exactly the same value as a Duraflame log, exactly.

JV

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then why not tell the little lady it's such a rare cue that no one has any exact info on it rendering it priceless. With as many views this thread has garnered thus far, don't you think if it was worth anything someone would have told you so?

And you are right, this is the best site to get an opinion. Very experienced cue people who are willing to tell you if you have anything worth talking about. So, why do you need 100 people to tell you it holds minimal to no value? I assure you once again if it was worth something someone would have chimed in and let you know...

Just because it's old doesn't make it valuable! Good luck in your search!

Gary

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Don't be mad at us.

Ok I will take crack at this.

Your cues were made in Taiwan around the mid 1970's. They were made to look similar to a Brunswick designed Adams cue that were and still are popular with collectors. Some people will pay a fair amount for these cues because they don't realize that they were cheap imports, the brass joint and pin in the shaft are dead giveaways of this.

There were many cues made in Taiwan around this era and the cues you have were the most sought after but most collectors will not be interested.

I hope this helps.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Tell Helen that you put pictures of the cue on the Internet, and that because of the amount of discussion and controversy it caused, you think she should keep and treasure it for the rest of her life.

She will pass away a happier person, and then you can use the cue as a garden stake for tomatoes.

Your welcome.

ClarkX

Registered
Brunswick cue

I suppose you are all correct. I will try to tell Helen of my search for her and advise her to keep the cues. Thanx for all the discussion, at least I get personal peace out of this. Bruce

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Ok I will take crack at this.

Your cues were made in Taiwan around the mid 1970's. They were made to look similar to a Brunswick designed Adams cue that were and still are popular with collectors. Some people will pay a fair amount for these cues because they don't realize that they were cheap imports, the brass joint and pin in the shaft are dead giveaways of this.

There were many cues made in Taiwan around this era and the cues you have were the most sought after but most collectors will not be interested.

I hope this helps.

Cue buddy,

Your comments are spot on. This cue has a decent enough look to it (from a few feet away), but is:

Not collectible
Not valuable
Not rare
Not sought after..........and that is a cold, hard fact.

Sorry, Clarkx, but you asked for genuine feedback.

skierlawyer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one of these cues in my collection. Why? It looks cool. It is however, a piece of crap. I paid $50 for mine because I wanted one and it was available for sale. I look at it once in a while, but it's not playable. Total crap, but cool nonetheless. Good luck.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
That is the ugliest, most disgusting and revolting cue I have ever seen. But it is really cool so keep it.

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
Tell Helen that you put pictures of the cue on the Internet, and that because of the amount of discussion and controversy it caused, you think she should keep and treasure it for the rest of her life.

She will pass away a happier person, and then you can use the cue as a garden stake for tomatoes.

Your welcome.

She probably needs the money and this guy is trying to help out.

:cool:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
It is a cool cue, anything that has a Brunswick factory logo on it will be worth money someday.
Your cue just went up in value by .50 cents.

Stuff the cue back in the closet or under the bed... If you plan on letting the cue age for many years in a storage location, I'd write a note to who might find it many years from now..

Or sell it to your best offer here'

Rob.M

ClarkX

Registered
Vintage Brunswick Cue

I thank all who responded. I hope I didn't give the wrong impression about this cue. I wasn't trying to inflate the value. I only tried tosolve in my mind the vintage. I am satisfied that what I have is a knockoff and will tell Helen the sad news. But still, I appreciate the few who responded to my query even if some of them were somewhat off-putting. I will put this to rest and not bother you guys with it anymore. "Again, thanx". Bruce