SVB vs Corey D racking issue

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way to solve the racking problem in alternate break formats is to insert a mandatory push after the break.

If the breaker makes a ball(s), he must push or opt to give the incoming player the shot as it lies. If the incoming player opts out, the shot returns to the breaker.

If the breaker doesn't make a ball on the break, the incoming player has the option of taking the first shot or giving the shot back to the breaker. Either player is allowed to push on the first shot of the game.
Face palm! Yes more rules to give less talented, less disciplined, and honestly just not as good players a better chance. Break out the trophies for 54th place while your at it. Jeezzz

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like both guys so I’m not picking to be a hater but no player should be up standing beside the table when another is dropping down into his stance to break. That’s basic manners you learn as a new player. If you want to be there while he’s racking it’s one thing but sit your ass down when he’s at the head of the table getting ready to break.

I agree 100%.

If I'm shooting, your ass should be in the chair until it is your turn.

You shouldn't be wandering around the table.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Face palm! Yes more rules to give less talented, less disciplined, and honestly just not as good players a better chance. Break out the trophies for 54th place while your at it. Jeezzz

LOL!

I'm for winner break, two-shot roll-out, table fouls, and call every shot, but hardly anybody will play that way. I'm even willing to play "call three ahead" and you can't shoot anything other than the way you called it.

I want the better play to win EVERY TIME.

The reason I put the "push" option rule out was that everybody is always complaining about the rack.

While we are at it, get rid of one-foul BIH, jump cues, and break cues. Use only your playing cue.

I'm old school. We didn't have all the bullshit going on that is occurring now. Go to YouTube and look at matches from back in the day. You don't see all this shit going on.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've said before but here it is again:
Alternate break,
Rig-rack your own in 15 seconds, all balls inside triangle,
Flip or lag to determine who rigs the rack 1st.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know Corey, but I’ve been at tournaments in Vegas where I’ve seen players get very irritated with him. Years ago Jonathan Pinegar yelled out: “f-ing Corey Deuel always has to touch the balls!” Regarding the rack and last year Danny Olson gave him the finger behind his back after Corey commented all match long about how lucky Olson was getting and for inspecting his racks.

Seems like some guys aren’t too fond of Corey. However, I thought he and Shane were friends. I think i remember them traveling to tournaments together

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I would say that, but they all complain that the template can be rigged, too.

If the incoming player has first option on the shot after the break, then there is no reason to complain about anything. If you screw it up, it's on you. You can't complain that the rack had anything to do with it.

How about this, whomever gets 4th place, has to rack the finals and gets a free meal and doesn't have to make calls. That's the TD job.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The TD need to say if its rack your own the opponent needs to sit their *** in the seat and stay there till its their turn.Rack your own doesn't mean tell your opponent how to rack.

Agree 100%

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A few years ago I remember John Morra getting angry at Corey for doing some strange bank shot break in bar table 8 ball
If Corey's shot was legal according to the rules, John has no right to be angry. Instead he should watch and he might learn something.

If Corey's shot was not legal, John should have called a foul.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've said before but here it is again:
Alternate break,
Rig-rack your own in 15 seconds, all balls inside triangle,
Flip or lag to determine who rigs the rack 1st.

So it's OK if I rack the 9 ball dead for myself when you and I are playing? I'll practice doing it in 10 seconds.:thumbup:

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Corey's shot was legal according to the rules, John has no right to be angry. Instead he should watch and he might learn something.

If Corey's shot was not legal, John should have called a foul.

What do you do when you call foul on Corey or anyone for that matter, and they respond like in the above video I posted, where Corey clearly fouls but then says he didn't.? And then they keep doing the same thing over and over, that you just called them on????
Great if video catches it, td or ref but if not, then what?

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What do you do when you call foul on Corey or anyone for that matter, and they respond like in the above video I posted, where Corey clearly fouls but then says he didn't.? And then they keep doing the same thing over and over, that you just called them on????
Great if video catches it, td or ref but if not, then what?
I think the BCAPL rules may have a requirement that if you are going to break softly you have to alert your opponent. That's a good rule in a situation like this. Have a third party come over and count the balls.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I can't believe SVB would cheat like 9 out of the top 10 American players.:rolleyes: Johnnyt

Jeff G. Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the question for me is did they get lucky that he wasn't wearing his watch, or was somebody looking out for it, which would indicate a deeper conspiracy?

i wonder if he was wearing it when he checked-in.

Shane usually wears a Breitling Chronomat. I thought he sold his Tag, at least that's what his Facebook post said last year (https://www.facebook.com/shane.vanboening/posts/1147367905361404). But if that transaction didn't go through, it's likely he carries it with him in case of a potential sale.

Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey and SVB played a match last night. Streamer said they had hashed out longstanding problems. They were civil.
Corey broke dry on the hill (rack your own) SVB ran out and broke and ran for the W.