tip install question

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
I have a Wizard medium tip. I messed up the bottom side.
If I glue it on upside down, will that work?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Wizard medium tip. I messed up the bottom side.
If I glue it on upside down, will that work?

Good morning.
The only time direction of the tip should matter is, if it has a pad on the bottom and it effects the way a tip plays or, if it has one of those stupid colored layers in the middle that suggest you change the tip when you hit it. Jmo

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
It s worth a try. I am no expert on Wizard tips but as far as I know there is no reason the tip could not be reversed. Lightly sand the top and stick it on, then shape the messed up side to the desired radius.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
What do you mean, “messed up the bottom”.?

If you glued it, then removed it before it set, you may be able to re-flatten the bottom with sandpaper on a hard flat surface(piece of glass). Flatten it out, then lightly scratch a tic-tac-toe pattern into the bottom face with a razor blade.....re apply your glue,and press.

If it’s flat, and your glue is still good, it should hold....make sure you use a tip pad.

Frankenstroke

2 Gus Szamboti cues
Silver Member
It s worth a try. I am no expert on Wizard tips but as far as I know there is no reason the tip could not be reversed. Lightly sand the top and stick it on, then shape the messed up side to the desired radius.

Good answer. I got the tip for free. Glued it on once, started to trim it, then decided
I'd better see what the hit sounds like before going further. The hit was bad so I took
it off. I wanted to give it another chance before trashing it.