Pechauer coming with carbon fiber shaft

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was informed today that Pechauer will be coming to market this summer with their carbon fiber shaft. It's nice to see more & more options becoming available.

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As long as people keep buying 500 dollar shafts
More will make them

Yeah seems to be a great market for them. Of course $400 - $500 for a shaft is gonna be to expensive for some of the pool playing population. Especially those that live check to check or have countless other hobbies.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
With so many options and competitors buyers are going to have to become more aware of what the differences are between them in terms of materials, construction methods etc. I'm saying this because I myself am completely ignorant on the topic of what makes a good CF shaft vs a bad one.

I'm not surprised that Pechauer is getting into the market though because they have already been using carbon fiber to build their cue extensions. I have one and it works very well and is of solid construction.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was informed today that Pechauer will be coming to market this summer with their carbon fiber shaft. It's nice to see more & more options becoming available.

I would buy a CF cue from pechauer if its:

Same high quality they usually produce.
Same or longer taper their current LD 11.75mm shafts have.
If its offered in 30".
If its offered in diameters between 11.75mm and 12mm.... no bigger.
A small white ferrule would be nice as well.

Thanks John..... if you read this!!!!!

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would buy a CF cue from pechauer if its:

Same high quality they usually produce.
Same or longer taper their current LD 11.75mm shafts have.
If its offered in 30".
If its offered in diameters between 11.75mm and 12mm.... no bigger.
A small white ferrule would be nice as well.

Thanks John..... if you read this!!!!!

Apparently they are gonna do 11.75 & 12.5 version. That's the plan as of now from what I was told.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently they are gonna do 11.75 & 12.5 version. That's the plan as of now from what I was told.

I wonder if they will use their taper from their current p+Lite 11.75mm shafts

Also, I wonder if they will find a way to put a ferrule on without sacrificing end weight?

I hope they off 30" and 31".

heresy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just hope it will be available with 3/8-11 threading. AFAIK the only company offering 3/8-11 right now is Cuetec and 12.5mm is too big for my taste.

If they’ll do 30”, 11.75mm, and 3/8-11 they can have my money right now.

Last edited:

Jerry R

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just hope it will be available with 3/8-11 threading. AFAIK the only company offering 3/8-11 right now is Cuetec and 12.5mm is too big for my taste.

Meucci said they are offering 5 different joints, but I didn't ask if 3/8-11 was one of them...
They are doing 30" and 31" lengths, but I believe they said 12.25 was the smallest diameter.
They will have a white ferrule.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coming from Pechauer it'll probably be a good shaft. Of all the cues I've owned, a Pechauer is one of 4 cues, "keepers", when I stopped buying/selling/trading and looking for the perfect, (for me), stable of cues. As of now I won't consider any other CF, but I'll have a look at the Pech!

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I HIGHLY doubt they off anything but THEIR pin.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I called pechauer and ask about the CF shaft.

I ask when:
hey said "maybe" summer.."maybe" not. They dont really know at this ponit.

I ask what taper:
Was told they didn't know for sure but their current LD wood shafts came up in conversation.

I ask about diameter:
They said there may only be "1" diameter to offer. Then again, they said the 12.4...or5 and the 11.75 was the two sizes that was most probable at this point.

I ask about length:
Was told that it was to early to tell.

The one thing that sticks out in my conversation with them was them saying:

"were picky about what we let out of our shop. It may take a little extra time since we are not gonna just let a CF shaft run out the door just to have one on the market"....."we'll put one out when its ready"

BTW:

They spent at least 45 minutes on phone with me asking what I thought about current CF products, about their products and anything I would do differently..... and why.

My first cue was a pech. Still have it today. They made great cue then and still do today.

If and when they decide to let a Cf shaft leave their shop, I bet it will be one of, if not the best CF shaft on market.

tleeirwin

I really hope they do come out with one. All my cues are pechauer and I always wanted to try a CF shaft out, so this would work out perfectly.