Off The Charts*****Chris Byrne cue***************

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris made me this cue and brought it to VF. I didnt have a chance to see him for a few days....but I heard a lot of remarks about the beautifull cue he has down there, among others. When I first walked up and saw this cue I have to tell you I was floored. I couldnt take my eyes off of this baby.

After seeing a lot of my cues you would think that only super inlayed and very intricate cues turn me on....and they do. But wait until you see this geourgous little black beauty.

The best part is after playing with this cue for about 5-6 hours yesterday I had to almost pull a knife on my son in law to get it back from him. I am certainly no playing expert....but this honey plays great. Its now my playing cue, and I want to thank Chris again.

CHECK THIS OUT
Steve

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice cue indeed! I saw this one at the show as well, it's a stunner.....

I also picked up a cue from Chris during VF. I've been playing with it the past few days and really enjoy the way it plays for me as well.

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CB Cue

That's just ridiculous. :D

I got to meet Chris at VF and he was a really nice guy. Took time to answer all my cues and just talk shop. Awesome work!

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey

Very nice cue indeed! I saw this one at the show as well, it's a stunner.....

I also picked up a cue from Chris during VF. I've been playing with it the past few days and really enjoy the way it plays for me as well.

Can I have your Chris Byrne cue if I pay for the shipping.....my son in law wants it
Steve

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey

absolutely..... just make sure you send me a Hercek... I'll pick up shipping, of course... ;)

why do you have to make this difficult....LOL cmon, just send me the cue.

I guess I will have to call Chris and order a new one
Steve

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
We used to say in springboard diving that anyone can do 2 and halfs with 2 twists but it real control and beauty is shown by the guy who can do a perfect one and a half every time.

This cue shows off how one can take seemingly simply techniques and create a stunning thing of beauty. People don't realize how much control and dedication it takes to make a cue like this.

Absolutely stunning - you know I love to see the classic work and the reproductions/interpretations of classic designs but I REALLY love to see cues like this that represent the modern cuemaker so well.

Really nice job Chris and really nice acquisition Steve.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Absolutely beautiful, and Steve, if I were to ever see this one in person, you might have to pull a knife on me.
Your photography tent works great.

Last edited:

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris Byrne

Thanks for sharing the pics! My CB cue should be finished real soon and I can't wait to "take it for a spin". :D Your cue is a real beauty, Steve!

Update: I spoke to Chris earlier today...My cue will arrive this week---OH YEAH!!

Last edited:

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Chris made me this cue and brought it to VF...

You are right... Chris was on the flip side of our booth, sorta, and he had some really beautiful, quality cues! I was glad I got to stop by and check some of his cues out.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got to see this cue in person at VF damn let me tell you how sick this cue really is. The finish is like glass and the colors jump off the cue. I mean absolutely insane.

cliffy

Forever Remembered-DWBOD
Silver Member
;)

;)

I picked up the Sunrise color cue from him as he finished it to my specs and was floored as well, even though I wanted to steal your cue out of the rack Steve, it is just the nuts:thumbup:

-Clif

Last edited:

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Damnit Steve, Chris told me the Blue Ocean is spoken for and now you have it :-(
This is by far the BEST Looking Cue, looking from the Distance relax and thinking you where on the Maledives :)
Ralf

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
> I don't know how long Chris has been making cues,but that cue and the flame cue also shown in this thread just about puts him in the "elite" class.

As an aspiring "elite" cuemaker myself,it is both inspiring and discouraging to see guys like this popping up with such frequency. That is probably the nicest butterfly cue I've ever seen,and as nice as they are,the veneers in the v-points make those look SICK. The seams are in the center,and he managed to keep the unfinished cue impeccably clean when gluing and sanding,hence the brilliant coloration,yet separation of the colors,even without the current en vogue technique of black paper veneers. The design flows,and has just enough ivory and silver to make the colors pop.

If this cue happens to up and vanish,you know where it went :p. I can honestly say there aren't many cues I'd make that joke about,and I don't even like wrapless cues. One hell of a buy there. Tommy D.

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey

We used to say in springboard diving that anyone can do 2 and halfs with 2 twists but it real control and beauty is shown by the guy who can do a perfect one and a half every time.

This cue shows off how one can take seemingly simply techniques and create a stunning thing of beauty. People don't realize how much control and dedication it takes to make a cue like this.

Absolutely stunning - you know I love to see the classic work and the reproductions/interpretations of classic designs but I REALLY love to see cues like this that represent the modern cuemaker so well.

Really nice job Chris and really nice acquisition Steve.

John, I thank you for this post. You put into words exactly how I feel about this cue..
Steve

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 quick points.

1. These cues are just sick. The quality and sharpness of the points is just stunning.

2. Chris Byrne is one of ONLY about 3 cuemakers that should actually autograph his cues. His signature is very classy (and small), and put in the right spot on the cue. KUDOS to Chris for not ruining the look of a cue by putting a signature that looks like it was done by a 6 year old right on the forearm of a cue.

Congrats on the cue!

P.S. In the first 3 pictures it looks like there is a scratch on the butt. Is that a scratch or a hair?

Chris Byrne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone!!!

I am just on a break from working in the shop and pulled up AZ to see what is going on. I was happily suprised to find this thread. Steve I am very happy you enjoyed the cue! I know you have alot of very fancy heavily inlayed cues in your collection, I felt if I did more inlays in this cue it would detract from the veneers. I wanted the points and butterflys to be the focal points in this cue. I was a little worried it would not be fancy enough when I was deciding on the inlays but, I could not be more pleased with how it turned out. I had been thinking about the color combo for a while. It was nice to finaly see it come to life in a cue.
Steve I would also like to thank you for giving me the freedom to complete the cue that I had envisioned. I do not mind building to customer specs at all but, it is also nice to be able to let the cue tell me what it needs. Again, Thank you for the opportunity to be included in your collection. Chris.