k2

niimush

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
has anyone ever used that K2 cnc machine for their cues,.....how good does it work???

JBCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that K2 has been making machines long enough that they can make a quality machine. My only concern with that machine when I looked into them was I think that the long axis (x axis ) needs to be covered up so dust and wood cant get into the recurculating bearings. The machine has 20mm shafts, anti-backlash nuts, 19 inch material capacity. You can freely cut a length of 40". The long direction T-sloted table top allows for easy adjustment of the tail stock and the machine can accurately position 0.00035" and has a kerk motion lead screws and anitbacklash nuts. With that said there are people useing alot less quality machines and getting great results. So it kind of really depends on how well you can run your software that you are useing.

Last edited:

KD Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
K2

My K2 machine has performed perfectly over the last 4 years. They are always available and more than fair if I want any modifications. The only issues that I had were operator error!! I tried to have them sell me one with DZs' automatic cue making orifice, but they did not comply! Thank you, K2, Kent Davis

bob_bushka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine just got one and I got to see it in operation. pretty cool but the price tag delivered was about 7k. at least he offered to drop insome inlays for mewhich was ultra cool. hes a great guy but he seems somewhat intimidated with the machine. some training or familiarality with bobcad would go a long ways to get what you want out of the machine.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine just got one and I got to see it in operation. pretty cool but the price tag delivered was about 7k. at least he offered to drop insome inlays for mewhich was ultra cool. hes a great guy but he seems somewhat intimidated with the machine. some training or familiarality with bobcad would go a long ways to get what you want out of the machine.

That is true with any CNC. You have to learn to use what ever software you are going to use and without help, it can be daunting.

Dick

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are two types of cnc machines.
One that have been crashed.
And ones that are going to be crashed.

Plug and crash would be a better analogy.:rolleyes:

It has been my experience that you suffer fewer crashes if you don't
do things like go to lunch while the machine is running:).

Sherm?

Dale<who snapped a cue or two in half in his learning curve days>

cutter

Steve Klein Custom Cues
Silver Member
Carbide going at high speed makes really pretty blue sparks when it hits steel. As has been said, nothing is crash proof. The K2 machine looks like
a good value. All depends on how much accuracy you really need. With the speed and materials we work with, rigidity isn't as important as when working with steel. It all comes down to the ball screws and mounts in my opinion.