Pool Ball Collecting.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good afternoon, everyone.

Over the years I have amassed quite a varied mix of pool balls. Does anyone else share this hobby and could perhaps post up a few photographs? I'd be keen to increase my collection if there's some nice sets attracting dust in your attic.

Best wishes.

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
full

Last edited:

ProZack

Zack's "On the Road" Cue Repair
Silver Member
I have been looking for a BBC Ball Rack so that I can start collecting some of the older different styles of Clay Balls. I do have a newer Clock with a set of clay balls.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I have been looking for a BBC Ball Rack so that I can start collecting some of the older different styles of Clay Balls. I do have a newer Clock with a set of clay balls.

I don't have any clay balls in my collection, mine are all forty years old or younger. The ones that got away for me were a complete set of marbled balls with Joe Camel logos where the numbers usually appear, I balked at the price tag and have regretted it ever since as I've never seen another. If anyone has a set in mint condition I would be a willing customer.

Do you have any pictures you could share, sir?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just thinking last week that a POOL BALL COLLECTING thread be started to share just a hobby within this great diverse game of pocket billiards

I am an avid and passionate "ball set collector" myself and think this is a fabulous idea - from sharing ideas and info on sets to pictures and even buying/selling.

I have focused on those sets that I can pull out of the display cabinets and actually play with - all modern sets within the last 5 decades with each set having its own tray, complete with set names as well as the weights of the cue ball and avg object ball weights. I also put together many "custom" sets for certain games so a particular tray is ready to go without cannibalizing numerous sets to create a certain game - such as Baseball - using the Aramith Premier balls pictured here as one example...

ea843f2ee4ad01dc065054066f5ae2d6.jpg

My collection is passing 70+ sets so far, and starting to acquire the more rare, lesser known and less available sets that can be played and appreciated. Someone has to care for these balls

Most appreciative that you started this thread, Rubik's Cube!

I better run off quick and confess to my ball collecting addiction before this thread leaks out to my wonderful, understanding wife somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I was just thinking last week that a BALL SET COLLECTOR thread should be started to share just a hobby within this great diverse game of pocket billiards

I am an avid and passionate "ball set collector" myself and think this is a fabulous idea - from sharing ideas and info on sets to pictures and even buying/selling.

I have focused on those sets that I can pull out of the display cabinets and actually play with - all modern sets within the last 5 decades with each set having its own tray, complete with set names and weights of the cue ball and avg object ball weights. I also put together many "custom" sets for certain games so it is ready to go without cannibalizing numerous sets to create a certain game - such as Baseball - using the Aramith Premier balls pictured here as one example...

21237f99320d0edc47bb7d1da50b327f.jpg

My collection is passing 70+ sets so far, and starting to acquire the more rare, lesser known and less available sets that can be played and appreciated. Someone has to care for these balls

You just had to get this started, didn't you!

I better run off quick and confess to my ball collecting addiction before this thread leaks out to my wonderful, understanding wife somehow

That's a lovely Baseball set, sir, many thanks for sharing.

I ordered the same set online many years ago, but when they arrived the black-striped 16 ball was missing! I've been trying ever since to buy that single ball in mint condition to no avail. :(

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered these directly from the Playboy magazine, they were superseded by a newer style after one season and are no longer available.

Hey, Rubik's ----- are you playing with any of the ball sets you've posted so far? Display only or what

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I ordered these directly from the Playboy magazine, they were superseded by a newer style after one season and are no longer available.

Hey, Rubik's ----- are you playing with any of the ball sets you've posted so far? Display only or what

No, sir, I'm far too protective of my collection.

I only ever buy mint condition and never play with them. More fool me, I guess, but it's just the way I'm wired; I get depressed if one is dropped or scratched. :D

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a lovely Baseball set, sir, many thanks for sharing.

I ordered the same set online many years ago, but when they arrived the black-striped 16 ball was missing! I've been trying ever since to buy that single ball in mint condition to no avail. :(

Well ---- I may have that ball you need and its new never hit - polished and cared for though

And if not --- I know where you can get the baseball add-on set in those Premiers...

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Well ---- I may have that ball you need and its new never hit - polished and cared for though

And if not --- I know where you can get the baseball add-on set in those Premiers...

Many thanks indeed, sir.

How much would you charge me for the single 16 ball? Please bear in mind the shipping costs as I live in England.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I must log out now, gentlemen.

Many thanks for your company this afternoon (or morning) and for making a new member feel welcome to your forum. Look forward to chatting again soon.