1930's Brunswick Anniverary on eBay! Scam?!?!?

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Made in the 30's, 0 sales, Buy it Now $25,000 and delivery/set up. Hmmmmmmmm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brunswick-Anniv...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3cac33cc9c

IMHO - it's a scam - there was a company, National of Canada, IIRC, that
built clones of Anniversarys as late as the 1970s.

Consider this:

If you knew enough about your table to know it was worth $25,000,
would you miss the intrductory date by 15 years?

Here's a hint - Brunswick was founded in Cincinnati in 1845

Dale

Jerry Yost

NO MORE CTE
Silver Member
Looks like an original Anniversary but.....

It may be a totally restored Anniversary, especially if Blatt did the work. Only problem - the price is way too high. $10,000 might be closer to the right price. Blatt never sells anything cheap though.

I also think it looks like a genuine Anniversary table however $20,000 for a perfect restoration seems high not to mention one done with black paint!!!!

cuekev

Thread killer
Silver Member
Something doesn't look right on it.

" Chrome was brushed in Canada."

You can brush chrome? Do they mean aluminum?

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anniversary tables were made from 1945 to 1963, right?

I believe the Anniversary table was made shorty after the Centennial. The Centennial was made in 1945. The Anniversay table was very popular in bowling alleys in the 1950's.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I don't think anyone on this forum needs to worry about that table. How many would pay that much for a table from EBay? I think most players that are serious would know better.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Can't tell from the picture but it certainly could be an Anniversary. I doubt it is from 1930 though. And if it was, wouldn't it likely be 5X10?

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a real Anniversary table to me, but they butchered it when they "restored" it. Why paint it black....:eek:

Plus, maybe I am wrong, but those pictures don't look like they were taken 25 years ago...

And don't even get me started on the rediculous price.... lol

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep. Why would it be called the Anniversary if it was made in the 30's?
Lot's of weird stuff going on with eBay lately. Scam Central.

Tall-Bob

Registered
And, I don't know about you guys, but if I pay that much for a pool table, I would want it displayed all the time. Would never consider putting a (heavy) top on it and eating dinner. Ridiculous!

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Im not sure about the table but why would someone's first listing be for a $25,000 pool table with pictures that are terrible. Another thing, how can everything be original if it's completely restored. :scratchhead: They also have a Louis Vuitton bag, one of the most " knocked off " items on the planet. They included their email if anyone has any questions.

Last edited:

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Brunswick Anniversary was made from 1946 - 1964. That said, the selling price will be whatever the market will bear. Now I'm proud of my Anni but I'd part with for significantly less than that! :grin:

After looking at the one in the ad, I'd say they made a fair but uncomfortable dining room table out of much nicer pool table. Pity. Restored? More like rebuilt.

Brian in VA

Last edited: