Early schon cues

cuedicts

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody have any information on these oldies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,093

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
bottom cue is a customized S-11 from 1980-81, top cue is probably a 1 of 1 I'm guessing 83-85 because of the silver rings... not really sure when Bob started using them... Very Nice!

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old Schons

Love them old Schon cues. Take more pictures and show the details. There are a bunch of Runde era Schon fans on here. I love my old Schon's and won't part with most of them. Thanks for showing them.

cuedicts

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will post more pictures soon and thank you for the emails and pms I am sorry if I didn't reply to anyone who emailed so just in case the cues are not for sale
Thanks matt

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like seeing these old Schon's. They are the best bang for the buck and they play great.

Here are a few of mine:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 962
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 962
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 950
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 935

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Box cue

I would love to get ahold of that box cue just to study it and play a few racks with it. Fantastic cue.

I will post more pictures soon and thank you for the emails and pms I am sorry if I didn't reply to anyone who emailed so just in case the cues are not for sale
Thanks matt

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never owned one, but I would only consider one of these older one with sharp points.

IMO these are great looking cues and show a lot of workmanship.

To me, the new ones seem just like Joss production cues. If that is okay that is fine, but to me...not so much.

Ken

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never owned one, but I would only consider one of these older one with sharp points.

IMO these are great looking cues and show a lot of workmanship.

To me, the new ones seem just like Joss production cues. If that is okay that is fine, but to me...not so much.

Ken

They play much better in my opinion, get an old one- you will not regret it!

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member

Yep. But IMHO I've tried them from all eras and they all equally rock...all of them. Rounded points or sharp, they're ALL awesome hitting cues, beautiful balance and tone/feel of hit. There's a reason you still see them out there in players' hands, even after 20 or 30 years. I think Schon has got to have the best quality control/attention to detail in the industry.

I really like both gambler cues shown above, real classy.........:grin:

cuedicts

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree I love the older schons, I would like to talk with bob about the box cue just hate to bother him with schon questions ,, I am going to take a few more pictures of my other schons as well just have not had much time

Also would like to say again cues are not for sale

SwissChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still like the one I bought from you ....just wish I could find a 13mm shaft that has it on the coller