Showman thread

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody stole the buyer beware thread....

Odd.

When I asked for a different thread to be pulled, they wanted my attorney to send information.

Odd.

Oh well.

Ken

cuedicts

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is odd I didn't see anything out of line with comments guess it's only a open forum if you material is approved.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted on Jimbo Army too.

A few minutes before it was pulled here, Jimbo said the thread was going to get pulled so apparently John had told him that it was getting pulled.

Jimbo likes to think he is a mover and a shaker and good friend of Johns so I assume he asked Jimbo to remove it as well as the mods here.

Predictable.

Ken

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
What a shame the thread is gone, as I'm sure this one will be soon, too. People having access to read and review that information might have prevented the next "Ken" (aka AZ forum user) a lot of heartburn and not getting a cue that was ordered with several hundred dollars deposit made in good faith. It's stuff like this that really makes me scratch my head with this site's moderation.:confused:

"Deposits are the devil"

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. The thread was as tame as a thread around here gets. There was lots of good information and nothing inflammatory. Guess it helps to have some pull around here.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Forum needs to be more consistent and fair-minded in how the individual Mods react and behave to various threads they might disagree with....personal opinions shouldn't matter....the Showman thread was needed.....I started a new thread in the Main Forum asking about a new section being started for New Cues and Cue-Maker reviews....not a substitute for the Cue Gallery......this is for new cue orders and cue-maker reviews.......good cue-makers deserve praise and bad ones, well, they need to be broadcast across the Forum. The problem becomes threads get deleted and memories of cue-maker transgressions tend to fade away. A brand new section would keep a record on how the cue-maker is doing with "current" customers for new cue orders.....not a rehash of secondary market purchases of used cues that went wrong.

Last edited:

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
Hkq3c.gif

Reactions: KRJ

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue-Maker Reviews (New Cues) - Today, 10:26 AM

I started the above new thread in the Main Forum.....hopefully people will read it and chime in......we need a new section just for new cue orders or cue repairs and it should be arranged alphabetically by cue-maker.

Praise is encouraged obviously but criticism is needed when warranted. It can become a database on cue-makers and why order a cue from someone that is disappointing customers but you never heard about it.

The Mods need to allow the Forum to evolve and yanking threads because they don't agree doesn't improve the Forum one bit. If I can be suspended for rude behavior, why should a bad cue-maker be allowed to be on the Forum at all, let alone go unreported. We need to do business with the good cue-makers and drive away the really bad ones like Lee Pepper, Tony Zinzola and apparently now, Mr. Showman.

The problem is that threads get deleted and are pushed back 30 pages so they go unread. Bad cue-makers need to be identified and published.....I hope you'll read my thread and chime in with your opinions. For the good of the game we all love so much, I hope we can get a new section started that doesn't get posts deleted because someone didn't like what you wrote about some cue-maker that screwed you.....I wanna know about those cue-makers & situations so I can avoid doing business with the same cue-maker......a new section on cue-makers is truly in the best interest of the Forum's membership.......................don't ya agree?

Last edited:

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted on Jimbo Army too.

A few minutes before it was pulled here, Jimbo said the thread was going to get pulled so apparently John had told him that it was getting pulled.

Jimbo likes to think he is a mover and a shaker and good friend of Johns so I assume he asked Jimbo to remove it as well as the mods here.

Predictable.

Ken

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts ever written. It shows that you are truly clueless.

Ask any of the Mods if they would pull a thread solely based on any type of communication from Jimbo. :rolleyes:

The thread you started on JA will NEVER get pulled, deleted or modified in anyway.

I am truly sorry that you went through the B.S. with John (according to your story). I have also been on the crappy side of a transaction on more than one occasion. You are absolutely entitled to share your experience with a cuemaker. However, you can not control what happens as the thread takes on a life of it's own.

Chris

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts ever written. It shows that you are truly clueless.

Ask any of the Mods if they would pull a thread solely based on any type of communication from Jimbo. :rolleyes:

The thread you started on JA will NEVER get pulled, deleted or modified in anyway.

I am truly sorry that you went through the B.S. with John (according to your story). I have also been on the crappy side of a transaction on more than one occasion. You are absolutely entitled to share your experience with a cuemaker. However, you can not control what happens as the thread takes on a life of it's own.

Chris

I believe your reading comprehension is a little off here Chris.

1. Ken posted threads both here and JA

2. Jimbo is friends with Showman

3. Jimbo said the thread was going to get pulled here, meaning that Showman told Jimbo that and he relayed it to Ken.

4. There was no conversation between Jimbo and AZ, only by Showman and AZ and then relayed to his friend, Jimbo.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people don't like the truth or opinions , if it does not match there opinion . Nobody ever said you have freedom of speech on AZ .