Need help identifying old Schon

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought an older Schon off craigslist this evening for my son, and just wondering if anyone can help me identify it. From my research on google it looks like an R15 without the top and bottom rings in the butt. It also has different inlays in the points than the ones I found pictures of. The points are needle sharp, rolls nice, and it came with 3 shafts. The person I bought it from said his father had it custom made in the 80's from Schon.Also does anyone know what case this is with what looks like carpeting on top and bottom, was told it came with cue......he said the only thing that was not original was the newer wrap...thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 343

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you have is a non catalog R series Schon. The butt looks close to an R13. Looks like a nice solid cue with the Schon joint protectors. The top shaft in the picture does not look original to the cue.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you have is a non catalog R series Schon. The butt looks close to an R13. Looks like a nice solid cue with the Schon joint protectors. The top shaft in the picture does not look original to the cue.

Does this diminish it's value or just mean it has the same value as other R series cues?

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a hard question to answer. Your cue is more desirable than the newer Schons, but, maybe not as much as the catalog cues. The one off cues don't seem to be worth as much to the collectors for whatever reason.

Bob Runde is one heck of a cue maker and his cues will stack up to just about anything out there. You have a great cue that should play great and have that old school hit and feel.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a hard question to answer. Your cue is more desirable than the newer Schons, but, maybe not as much as the catalog cues. The one off cues don't seem to be worth as much to the collectors for whatever reason.

Bob Runde is one heck of a cue maker and his cues will stack up to just about anything out there. You have a great cue that should play great and have that old school hit and feel.

Thanks for your help!