Black Boar Playing Cue

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone out there know how much a very basic Black Boar playing cue would cost? I have heard very good things about them as far as the playing characteristics go and I might be interested in buying one of the cheaper, less decorative pieces.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Does anyone out there know how much a very basic Black Boar playing cue would cost? I have heard very good things about them as far as the playing characteristics go and I might be interested in buying one of the cheaper, less decorative pieces.

A new boar from tony? Or finding an older logo boar? If ordering from tony there is no such thing as what I would call basic or cheaper...last I checked Tony's basic cues start well over 5 dimes...maybe you consider that cheaper.. But a new logo cue is going to cost a minimum of 6 dimes plus on secondary market....

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A new boar from tony? Or finding an older logo boar? If ordering from tony there is no such thing as what I would call basic or cheaper...last I checked Tony's basic cues start well over 5 dimes...maybe you consider that cheaper.. But a new logo cue is going to cost a minimum of 6 dimes plus on secondary market....

I don't care if it's well used. I'm not looking for mint condition just an excellent player.

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for your info...4 point has the fattest butt then 6 point then 8 point

4 point 1.275 inches at the very end of butt cap. Price $2500-$4000
6 point 1.260 $5000-$15000
8 point 1.230-1.240 $8000-$100000

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have five or six dimes in the ash tray of my truck right now.....sounds like a fair trade;)

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member

It's like this, if you have to ask you can't afford it...LOL
Sorry could not resist.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I don't care if it's well used. I'm not looking for mint condition just an excellent player.

What is your budget? What's the most you'd spend? That will let you know whether your in the same ballgame...

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$2k-$3k

You're probably looking at $2k-$4k for a 1990s A,R or F series cue depending upon condition and number of shafts. There's one on ebay for $2200, which is a great deal if the cue is in good condition.

As far as playability, I just started playing with a BB that I received on a trade (A series). I had been planning to sell it, but it plays so well that I've had second thoughts on selling it. There are a couple BBs on here right now that are a good deal, cornerstone cues also usually carries a nice selection, but those tend to be over $4k.

Good luck on your search.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
you can have this one in *real nice* shape for $3400 add $200 for add'l shaft made for this cue by Dennis Searing.

best,
brian kc

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're probably looking at $2k-$4k for a 1990s A,R or F series cue depending upon condition and number of shafts. There's one on ebay for $2200, which is a great deal if the cue is in good condition.

As far as playability, I just started playing with a BB that I received on a trade (A series). I had been planning to sell it, but it plays so well that I've had second thoughts on selling it. There are a couple BBs on here right now that are a good deal, cornerstone cues also usually carries a nice selection, but those tend to be over $4k.

Good luck on your search.

2 foods for thought yes as Pooky pointed out the older ones are fatter than the 6 and 8 pointers ,, if your old school like me you may like that as I do in Tony's exact words to me if you want that cue to play its best you need to replace that Volkswagen shaft off it and put one of my ferrel less Ferrari shafts on it
I actualy put a predator shaft on it and it certainly plays a lot better
You can get a 4 pointer as been mentioned between 2-4 k hell there's production cues or lesser of builders with cues in that range that will never hold its value or go up in value so to me you can't go wrong in buying one

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Why are they so expensive? Does BB build cues in very small numbers? Does a BB really play different than anything else out there?

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not so sure I have ever heard "cheap" and "Black Boar" used in the same sentence before.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are they so expensive? Does BB build cues in very small numbers? Does a BB really play different than anything else out there?

It's all hype ... not that they are a bad hitting cue, just way, way, way overpriced. Like a very fancy hand made watch.

That watch will not tell time any better than many others at a fraction of the price.

But there is a market for it, like Ferraris and Lambos and many other items that the 'Look at Me' crowd is attracted too.

Just my two cents.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well other BB owners are convinced they are the best playing cues but there are other Cues that have the same following ,, personaly I have other cues with the right shaft and tip on it I like just as well ,, but they won't hold the value or increase like a boar does
Tony is a artist his attention to detail fit finish and design make his high end cues sought after , with that his lower end older cues will have good value also

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member

I answered your question and this is your reply? I guess that is what I get for trying

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cost of ferrule-less shafts?

What is Tony charging for his new shafts? I had heard $1k, but not sure if that's correct. And if it is correct, it's one reason why I won't stick with a BB--I don't want to have to pay $2k for two replacement shafts.....

2 foods for thought yes as Pooky pointed out the older ones are fatter than the 6 and 8 pointers ,, if your old school like me you may like that as I do in Tony's exact words to me if you want that cue to play its best you need to replace that Volkswagen shaft off it and put one of my ferrel less Ferrari shafts on it
I actualy put a predator shaft on it and it certainly plays a lot better
You can get a 4 pointer as been mentioned between 2-4 k hell there's production cues or lesser of builders with cues in that range that will never hold its value or go up in value so to me you can't go wrong in buying one

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
What is Tony charging for his new shafts? I had heard $1k, but not sure if that's correct. And if it is correct, it's one reason why I won't stick with a BB--I don't want to have to pay $2k for two replacement shafts.....

So For $1000 bucks, I can buy 5.95 Cuetec R360s. (That's 5 cues and almost a 6th) Which play just as good as any other cue (Shane plays pretty spiffy right?)

Sorry. No way a shaft will ever be worth $1000 bucks.