41/2'' pockets

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The middle of the pocket is the same place on both.

But if you think of a radius, the farther away one is from start the deviation from perfect is magnified.

Middle of the pocket being the same might be true, but is isn't really a relevant fact in a comparison between the same shots on different size tables.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely, I agree on everything said here. But notice that in your two examples you are placing the blame on the longer shot and not the pockets (which was my point entirely).

Respectfully,

Maniac

I agree. Just adding some flavor to a phenomenon where a player might grow up on a 7’ Valley, start getting used to a 7’ Diamond thinking the pockets play tough, and then walk away from a 9’ Diamond thinking the pockets play REALLY tough. It may not be that the “pockets” are actually any harder but they will think along those lines when more balls rattle in the pockets than they’re ever used to seeing.

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only a 7’ player would say this.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Hahaha... Definitely can see what you mean, but I'm 6ft and mostly play 1 pocket on 9ft Gold Crowns.

You can always out shoot the table.
But, you can never out play it.
Certain shots just can't be executed the same on differing equipment. That's where our level of experience and knowledge comes in handy. We must be the ones to adjust and find a way to make things work outside of our ideal comfort zone.

*BB. I always appreciate your contributions on here and dig your style.
I know there are angles in which a portion of the pocket entirely disappears, especially like a frozen ball cut down the rail, or an off angle into the side pockets.
These extreme shallow angles can appear tougher with distance.
You must use the rail to pocket the ball.
My original comment didn't allow for that very common occurrence. I see that now.

Keep in mind...
This is all from some guy that doesn't even have a Fargo score. :eek::rolleyes:

Last edited: