Indiana Pool Halls

IU Ames Mister

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First post! Yea!! This past few weeks a couple of my buddies (including StraightPoolIU) and I have been getting away from the pool hall in our student union, where we work, and venturing out to different pool halls around Bloomington and Inidianapolis. So far we've visited Lag's in Columbus, Chalkies in northern Indianapolis, and Airport Billiards on the west side of town. We were also thinking about taking a trip down to Cincinnati and Louisville sometime before classes start-up in the fall. I was wondering if you all could let me know of some other places in Indianapolis/Southern Indiana/Cincinnati/Louisville that would be worth visiting. Any information and suggestions are appreciated.

raemondo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IU Ames Mister said:
First post! Yea!! This past few weeks a couple of my buddies (including StraightPoolIU) and I have been getting away from the pool hall in our student union, where we work, and venturing out to different pool halls around Bloomington and Inidianapolis. So far we've visited Lag's in Columbus, Chalkies in northern Indianapolis, and Airport Billiards on the west side of town. We were also thinking about taking a trip down to Cincinnati and Louisville sometime before classes start-up in the fall. I was wondering if you all could let me know of some other places in Indianapolis/Southern Indiana/Cincinnati/Louisville that would be worth visiting. Any information and suggestions are appreciated.

Hi IU Ames Mister,

I played at the ACUI regionals early this year at Mr and Miss Cue, just a little out of Indianapolis, say 10 min drive. It's a fantastic pool hall, non-carpeted floor though, smoking, but the tables run very well. They have like 6 older tables where the slates aren't excellent, but another 7 tables or so where it's definitely tourney-worthy. Some same that the pockets are tight, but I thought they were okay and were very fair in taking in balls. They also have maybe 4 8-footers....a seperate room for darts and arcade...and also a small billiards supply shop at the counter. I really liked the place!

IU Ames Mister

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
raemondo said:
Hi IU Ames Mister,

I played at the ACUI regionals early this year at Mr and Miss Cue, just a little out of Indianapolis, say 10 min drive. It's a fantastic pool hall, non-carpeted floor though, smoking, but the tables run very well. They have like 6 older tables where the slates aren't excellent, but another 7 tables or so where it's definitely tourney-worthy. Some same that the pockets are tight, but I thought they were okay and were very fair in taking in balls. They also have maybe 4 8-footers....a seperate room for darts and arcade...and also a small billiards supply shop at the counter. I really liked the place!

I've heard of that place, but have never been. Being from Greenwood, I think it's just a short drive away. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

christyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IU Ames Mister

There's a pool room in Terre Haute (well actually it's a bowling alley...lol). Not sure if you're looking for pool action, but if you are, there are a few players that like to match up.......and you're only an hour away :)

Christyd