Old Joss with J hooks???

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our shop has a used Joss in. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it but wanted to know a little about it.

Here are some pictures...

Attachments

• jossbutt.jpg
    jossbutt.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 510

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This was a very popular design in the 1980's. Put on your glasses and look very closely at the joint pin. You might get lucky and see a tiny "Joss" logo stamped in it.

They're only worth maybe $250 - $350 but it's a classic Joss design and I like the way the old Joss cues play.

Chris

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appreciate it Tate. I hit with it a couple of times and I loved the hit. Even better than my Schon or Meucci Original.

I'll look for the little Joss Logo on the joint pin. But can you describe exactly what that is. I'm a table mechanic but have no clue about sticks.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
smittie1984 said:
Appreciate it Tate. I hit with it a couple of times and I loved the hit. Even better than my Schon or Meucci Original.

I'll look for the little Joss Logo on the joint pin. But can you describe exactly what that is. I'm a table mechanic but have no clue about sticks.

Yes, they are a solid cue and seem to be different than today's Joss cues.

I think Joss was the first one to mark their pins and it was during this time period (mid 1980's). At the very tip of the joint screw, many have a tiny "Joss" stamped or screened on it. I mean tiny. It's really cool looking, most people don't even realize it's there.

Chris

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I had one of those back in the 80's. Currently shooting with a old joss gold letter as well. Solid cues.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
> A friend had one of those exact cues,and even though it hit awesome,it was the loudest cue I've ever heard. We tried it with different shafts on it and everything,and it was still almost obnoxiously loud if you hit a ball with anything more than stop shot speed. Tommy D.

Tom4change

Registered
That's my cue

I have this exact Joss cue in the same orange color and I love it. I've been playing with it for the last 7 years and I must agree with the others who posted it has a very solid hit. I've found that when people see my cue they either love it or hate it. No matter what it's screams pay attention to me and thats why I bought it. The only change i've made is I put an Xshaft on it which make its even better. I'd say buy it for sure.

Tom

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Tom4change said:
I have this exact Joss cue in the same orange color and I love it. I've been playing with it for the last 7 years and I must agree with the others who posted it has a very solid hit. I've found that when people see my cue they either love it or hate it. No matter what it's screams pay attention to me and thats why I bought it. The only change i've made is I put an Xshaft on it which make its even better. I'd say buy it for sure.

Tom

I have one of those too (red) and was whacking around balls with it with the original shaft. Damn, those cues played great! It probably helps having a 20 year old seasoned cue. It hits like a pile driver.

Chris