Cue ID help please!

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually know what I buy but this one not so much. The inlays are done very nicely. The feral and the joint are ivory. I removed the weight bolt and the bumper for viewing. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
A friend of mine ask me to identify an older Meucci he has and while trying to do so, I think I saw a cue like this while searching...or very similar. Not in a Meucci catalog or anything but in a random google search. I still havent identified the Meucci so if I come across it again ill save it.

Whats the length and is that a 5/16x14 pin?

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine ask me to identify an older Meucci he has and while trying to do so, I think I saw a cue like this while searching...or very similar. Not in a Meucci catalog or anything but in a random google search. I still havent identified the Meucci so if I come across it again ill save it.

I feel the same, like I came across it while searching cue images for something...recently.

But I don't know, at the moment I am stumped.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think I know the design you are thinking about, in the Meucci I am almost certain it's a different design, but similar with the lines going through ovals/circles.

Also the wrap looks like it's not clear coated over, unless it was changed or some special order, that would make Meucci more unlikely since they liked to spray over their wraps.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think it's a Meucci...I just came across the design...somewhere...

I don't think he was saying it's a Meucci either...just that he was searching Meucci cue images when he saw something like it.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I think I know the design you are thinking about, in the Meucci I am almost certain it's a different design, but similar with the lines going through ovals/circles.

Also the wrap looks like it's not clear coated over, unless it was changed or some special order, that would make Meucci more unlikely since they liked to spray over their wraps.

Meucci does have some designs with boxes, lines, dots etc...I just happen to see a cue like this while searching, not that it was a Meucci. Vintage cue searches brings up tons of stuff even when you put a particular name in. This is an interesting one for sure.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
The deco-rings are aluminum, not nickel, not silver. They're generally not coupled with ivory. It may not be ivory.
Everything about the cue is low-end and likely import.
Why is the finish lifting just below the collar? That's the last place finish would lift unless the jnt.collar has been changed.
The pin is flat-faced 18. I see no linen weave in the rings nor butt-cap, possibly acrylic.
I don't care what it is. I'm just telling you what I see.

KJ

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kj I appreciate your opinion but I think you're wrong on this one deafly not that important.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Why is the finish lifting just below the collar? That's the last place finish would lift unless the jnt.collar has been changed.
KJ

Finish will lift anywhere on a cue that has metal rings or inlays, UV is less likely but will still happen. I’ve seen it on mass produced cues all the way to multi thousand dollar customs. Wood will always move but metal never will, one reason I’ll never have another cue made with metal rings.

OP can you take a pic facing the joint, towards the end of the pin

BankT8Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess the post I did on the cue got lost when Az web site went down.
Cue sort a looks like a Mali cue.
From the butt cap to rings, joint pin and weight bolt.
Someone also could of modified Mali cue to what it looks like now.