New version of Clean

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry, fat fingered the title, but ....

We currently have a 16 ball capacity (8x2) CleanGleem ball cleaner/polisher. It's pretty much a commercial machine for pool rooms though you can of course use it at home. The main dig against it for home use is it's size and weight. We have a prototype 'home' model that does 15 balls (3x5). By just eliminating one ball (likely the cue ball), the footprint is cut down to 19"x14" from 28"x12" and the weight reduced from 42 lbs to around 30 lbs. It's far more manageable for home use, fits well on a counter/shelf and has the same attractive, natural birch, scratch resistant UV finish that would look nice in your home room. Regardless, both are substantial machines made to last and proudly made in the USA.

We're trying to gauge the interest in the 'home' version. Would you be interested?

You can see the 16 ball CleanGleem at cleangleem.com.

Appreciate you comments.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We currently have a 16 ball capacity (8x2) CleanGleem ball cleaner/polisher. It's pretty much a commercial machine for pool rooms though you can of course use it at home. The main dig against it for home use is it's size and weight. We have a prototype 'home' model that does 15 balls (3x5). By just eliminating one ball (likely the cue ball), the footprint is cut down to 19"x14" from 28"x12" and the weight reduced from 42 lbs to around 30 lbs. It's far more manageable for home use, fits well on a counter/shelf and has the same attractive, natural birch, scratch resistant UV finish that would look nice in your home room. Regardless, both are substantial machines made to last and proudly made in the USA.

We're trying to gauge the interest in the 'home' version. Would you be interested?

Appreciate you comments.
If you are cutting it down from 16 balls with the goal of making it smaller, lighter and hopefully less pricey, to be more attractive for home users, then why not cut it down to holding 8 balls? Whether 8 balls or 15 balls, it’s still going to take 2 separate sessions to clean a full 16 ball set.

Last edited:

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nope I use ball clean in a squeeze bottle, and old rag.

I'm sure your balls are fine. But you're missing the convenience of putting the ball in the machine with a light mist of cleaner in a spray bottle while you wipe down the table and then you're good to go with consistently clean balls that throw and play the same for every session.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member

Appreciate you comments.

Yes, I'm interested.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you are cutting it down from 16 balls with the goal of making it smaller, lighter and hopefully less pricey, to be more attractive for home users, then why not cut it down to holding 8 balls? Whether 8 balls or 15 balls, it’s still going to take 2 separate sessions to clean a full 16 ball set.

Makes sense, I’d go for the smaller 8 ball version, but not sure where the 15 version fits into the market. I would buy the slightly larger 16 ball cleaner rather than the 15.

Wybrook

A. Wheeler
Silver Member
I'd be interested in an 8 ball home model. ($299?)

I don't play 9 ball much.. :smile:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
nice unit!

That is a nice looking unit! It does seem like the warranty is a bit short for something meant to last far longer. Three years on all but consumables, the cleaning pads and maybe a belt if one is involved, might be a better selling point. Belts last long enough now that I suspect few places will wear out a quality belt in less than three years so maybe just go with three years on everything but cleaning pads.

I am probably not in the market for a home unit although I have a home table. Might be if I had a really nice table and home pool room. I have to say that three or four loadings to clean a set of balls is a hard sell though, if eight balls are practical from a design standpoint it might be better for home use.

The problem with any "home" machine is that you start competing with yourself, some commercial establishments will buy the home unit. Will that represent more lost sales for the bigger unit or enough extra overall sales to be more profitable? Hard to say.

An afterthought: Many home table owners have multiple cue balls anyway and play with one readying for one tournament, another readying for a different tournament. A six ball cleaner would be considerably more attractive than a five ball cleaner. Three runs instead of four with most holes empty.

Check your PM's in a bit.

Hu

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It says life time of home use yet warranted for one year.
Does the machine know which environment, master, it is enslaved to?

Does ball size mean anything, like the popular sizes, carom, pyramid and those little snooker ones'?

it looks good and stout,
I'm thinking life time warranty for the original owner would be good also. :wink:

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It says life time of home use yet warranted for one year.
Does the machine know which environment, master, it is enslaved to?

Does ball size mean anything, like the popular sizes, carom, pyramid and those little snooker ones'?

it looks good and stout,
I'm thinking life time warranty for the original owner would be good also. :wink:

Only works with standard 2 1/4" pool balls.

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, from various comments and PMs there isn't a lot of interest in a 15-ball version of the CleanGleem. But a 'home' 8-ball version looks like something players with home rooms would like. We think we could get an 8-ball version down to around 16"x12"x10" high and around 30 lbs.

Would you be interested?

What kind of price point would you expect? Check out what price+ship is for other commercial ball cleaners and be fair. Obviously we can't compete price-wise with home made 'buckets' (which is what I started with before getting obsessed), but then again you get what you pay for.

It would be built to last, in the USA, and work as well as the full 16-ball version. Need I mention our exclusive, patent-pending spiral roller technology? Some people feel the balls deflect less after running them through the CleanGleem (just kidding).

You can see the full size 16-ball CleanGleem at cleangleem.com.

Thanks...

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The dimensions are relatively small which is nice, but 30 pounds - really? As far as price point, I’d say if you can keep it at $299 or less, you might have something.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, from various comments and PMs there isn't a lot of interest in a 15-ball version of the CleanGleem. But a 'home' 8-ball version looks like something players with home rooms would like. We think we could get an 8-ball version down to around 16"x12"x10" high and around 30 lbs.

Would you be interested?

What kind of price point would you expect? Check out what price+ship is for other commercial ball cleaners and be fair. Obviously we can't compete price-wise with home made 'buckets' (which is what I started with before getting obsessed), but then again you get what you pay for.

It would be built to last, in the USA, and work as well as the full 16-ball version. Need I mention our exclusive, patent-pending spiral roller technology? Some people feel the balls deflect less after running them through the CleanGleem (just kidding).

Thanks...
something to consider, largely because you're a move or 2 ahead of what I myself
am working on. Using what you've gained, especially the "spiral roller" gizmo, a
machine that mounts to the wall, similar in size and when running would look like a
barbers pole turned on, putting the ball in the bottom and watch it rotate spin as
it works (cleans) it's way to the top for removal.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your price range should be $250 to $325 and if higher, under $340. There’s also sales tax and shipping.
The buyer is going to look at his final cost to get it and compare / contrast that with getting a known brand.
Your final selling price should not be more than the price for a top quality set of pool balls so under $350.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member

Would you be interested?

Thanks...

If you can hit a home model of 8 balls, and it's under $300 delivered, then mark one sold. I'll take it.