Why would a Scammer choose the Billiard Industry as a way to scam people?

This post is to all of you Scammers out there.

You should know that if you scam a person in the pool community, then you might not want to risk ever showing your face in a pool hall ever again.

In this day and age, most people have facebook, or there might be other ways to easily find out what a Scammer looks like, so that Scammer might not ever want to show their face in any pool hall again.

So, it just makes me wonder, why would anyone choose the Billiard Industry as a way to try to scam a pool player out of their money?

The Billiard industry is pretty small compared to most other industries, like Cell phones for example, right?

Scammers should just try to go into some other scam business, to try to do their scamming, and leave the pool players alone.

Remember in the movie, The Hustler, Eddie was told that he could never show his face in any big time pool room again, and that was way back in the 60's. Today, with Social Media, if you scam someone out of their money, or in any other way, and you get outed on a big social media billiard group, like this one, then it would be very risky to ever show your face in a public pool hall again, and the Scammers should know this.

Last edited:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post is to all of you Scammers out there.

You should know that if you scam a person in the pool community, then you might not want to risk ever showing your face in a pool hall ever again.

In this day and age, most people have facebook, or there might be other ways to easily find out what a Scammer looks like, so that Scammer might not ever want to show their face in any pool hall again.

So, it just makes me wonder, why would anyone choose the Billiard Industry as a way to try to scam a pool player out of their money?

The Billiard industry is pretty small compared to most other industries, like Cell phones for example, right?

Scammers should just try to go into some other scam business, to try to do their scamming, and leave the pool players alone.

Remember in the movie, The Hustler, Eddie was told that he could never show his face in any big time pool room again, and that was way back in the 60's. Today, with Social Media, if you scam someone out of their money, or in any other way, and you get outed on a big social media billiard group, like this one, then it would be very risky to ever show your face in a public pool hall again, and the Scammers should know this.

Bad experience?

Do tell.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
why do people kill other people when its clearly illegal?

cause criminals dgaf

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Remember in the movie, The Hustler, Eddie was told that he could never show his face in any big time pool room again, and that was way back in the 60's.

I heard Eddie paid off the air barrel and a week later they were all eating pool hall tacos together

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Yes, many bad experiences.

Yeah, forumwhore12345, things can be tough out there.

There's this guy, Justin, that used to post on here with similar stories. If you do a forum search, you'll find a wealth of bargain basement cues, and a horrible experience where Jim Baxter, a guy that had done incredible business with everyone, decided one day to totally screw him. Gotta say, that one was brilliant on Jim's part. He did fantastic deals on high end jps and cues, but he decided to spring his Ocean's 11 masterpiece on a $300 cue he sold the guy. It was deanoc-esque.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
and a horrible experience where Jim Baxter, a guy that had done incredible business with everyone, decided one day to totally screw him. Gotta say, that one was brilliant on Jim's part. He did fantastic deals on high end jps and cues, but he decided to spring his Ocean's 11 masterpiece on a $300 cue he sold the guy. It was deanoc-esque.

now dis i gotta see

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
But, I'll entertain his question:

People screw people on both sides of the fence in pool.

If you haven't figured out that there are shitty people out there that will take advantage of others, I don't know what to tell you.

Some people make themselves easy marks. Again, there was this guy that used to post here. He was desperate to make low end cue deals, looking for his "steal", I guess. What happened was he ended up with crap cues. Most times in life, you get what you pay for. If you are looking at a cue that was $1000, and it's now $500, you may want to consider that this deal is too good to be true. I have a feeling it's the lowball crew that gets screwed over the most, and it's somewhat justified, as they were the one that was originally out to get the best deal possible, instead of offering guys what they're asking for, with regards to their cues.

Some people get screwed over all the time. That isn't a sign that the rest of the world is evil. It's a sign that they're gullible, and that they are a mark, easily exploited. Either the world needs to change, or marks need to get educated and protect themselves.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pool world is somewhat primed for a screwin.

Lotsa folks aren't particularly online savvy and they are all looking for steal deal.

Then you have the hustler attitude- screw or get screwed- that brought us Jackpot cues.

Add it the fact that there are millions of random cue pics to use...

Where's the Baxter story?

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member

Lotsa folks aren't particularly online savvy and they are all looking for steal deal.

Then you have the hustler attitude- screw or get screwed- that brought us Jackpot cues.

His old ID was justinb386. Just go and read the shit show. I normally don't target trolls, but this guy turns the forum into his own dumpster fire. So I don't want to see the two first pages littered with the same crap he's started before.

It was due to a really crazy roll test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ayY36YtFpA

Jim Baxter is a good, and honest guy.

Last edited: