If I dislike gloves and powder, what can I use

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Hi, first-time post, been lurking for a while.

Today as I'm using powder it suddenly hit me, that I really don't like it, there are many things that I dislike about powder, it makes the table dirty first of all, it also has a smell that I dislike too, not the perfume itself but the powdery smell I guess.

Then also I really really hate gloves, I can't play well with them, so what are my other options guys? any recommendations of other options that are available.

I use wood shafts btw, and please don't tell me to wash your hands and wipe your shaft, please :) I need an alternative product that makes my shaft not make that squeezing sound as I'm using my closed bridge.

I looked at serybert, do products like cue silk miracle shaft work? and can I use them before every set or does that harm my shaft?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I do not use glove, talcum, carry a clean hand towel. Also use Cue Wax on shaft.

Simple as pie, do it PRN as nessessary.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Not all gloves feel/fit the same. I’ve tried different ones and I like Poison. Molinari is a little too tight. Finding the right one could mean trying different brands just like tips or chalk. Once you find it, it’s like Magic(chalk). With trial and error you’ll find the right combination for you. JMO

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't use either a glove, nor powder
it might depend some on your location
here in the pac nw, we're lucky not to sweat much
but regardless, I keep my cue clean
keep my hands washed/pack hand sani
works for me

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hi, first-time post, been lurking for a while.

Today as I'm using powder it suddenly hit me, that I really don't like it, there are many things that I dislike about powder, it makes the table dirty first of all, it also has a smell that I dislike too, not the perfume itself but the powdery smell I guess.

Then also I really really hate gloves, I can't play well with them, so what are my other options guys? any recommendations of other options that are available.

I use wood shafts btw, and please don't tell me to wash your hands and wipe your shaft, please :) I need an alternative product that makes my shaft not make that squeezing sound as I'm using my closed bridge.

I looked at serybert, do products like cue silk miracle shaft work? and can I use them before every set or does that harm my shaft?

1B0F007D-85D7-4D4D-B51B-DE29281862F6.jpeg

https://www.ortmann-billiards.com/Sniper-Liquid-Glove

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
stop the hand from sweating

I don't remember the name so one or both may be already mentioned but there are products to stop your hands from sweating. Work well from what I have read but I'm not sure the cure isn't worse than the problem. It either corks up your sweat glands or chemically shuts them down. Neither seems like a great idea.

I am playing outdoors right now in South Louisiana. I find my Cynergy shaft more tolerant of sweat than wood.

Hu

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't remember the name so one or both may be already mentioned but there are products to stop your hands from sweating. Work well from what I have read but I'm not sure the cure isn't worse than the problem. It either corks up your sweat glands or chemically shuts them down. Neither seems like a great idea.

I am playing outdoors right now in South Louisiana. I find my Cynergy shaft more tolerant of sweat than wood.

Hu

that's called anti-perspirant. it probably works but it will probably itch as well

there is also a glove that isn't a glove, the unglove.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
concentration

that's called anti-perspirant. it probably works but it will probably itch as well

there is also a glove that isn't a glove, the unglove.

It is antiperspirant but best I recall from my checking years ago about ten times or more the concentration of underarm antiperspirant. I question the safety as often as a pool player might use it.

Hu

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
There really isn't a shaft treatment that will work all the time. You can wax it and then burnish with a leather pad.

Can wipe it down with a damp paper towel and then burnish with a dry paper towel which will help. I can't stand a sticky shaft, so I've tried most things. And the reality is keeping it clean and keeping your hands clean will help more than anything. Of course my favorite shaft is almost blue from all the chalk dust that is in the pores, but it is also smooth as silk.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t like gloves either, but have you tried a finger wrap, available from Seyberts? That’s what I’ve been using for the last two years and I love them.

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Jaime! :thud:

How about trying a carbon fiber shaft? I live in the south; sweaty hands and high humidity. My Cynergy shaft solved the problem. My poolroom does not allow use of powder. No glove needed.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
How about trying a carbon fiber shaft? I live in the south; sweaty hands and high humidity. My Cynergy shaft solved the problem. My poolroom does not allow use of powder. No glove needed.

I've heard that a few times. Are ya'll playing outside? I assume pool rooms, bars and most homes with tables have A/C? I haven't used talc since high school playing with grungy house cues.