What the!!?? Is the CBMA??

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
it's funny what people do. His prices are really cheap for being so qualified. One guy in my area told a lady that found me in the yellow pages, not to use me, I was a crappy mechanice who damages tables, he even told her that I use to work for him and he had to fire me.

scruffy1

Silver Member
The CBMA is a little scam errrrrrr, i mean a little program i am running. send me 500 dollars and i will call and quiz you on challenging questions
like placement of spots and how to tell the difference between rubber backed mali and 860 simonis. Then i will send you your certification.;)

reverend

Table Mechanic
Silver Member
Prices do seem kinda low. Mileage may make up for it or he's cutting the throat of his only other competitor :D

Those prices are not even what he charges. Him and a few other guys around this area are moving tables for $175 I think. It is getting almost impossible to get any money for service jobs. I have had a few run-ins with Beck and he will try to prove that the CBMA is real and that it is the one and only place to get "certified" for moving pool tables. Its pretty damn funny actually. You guys would probably enjoy calling and talking to him.

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
I was certified by my supplier when I was an installer for a company htat sold only imperial tables. I asked the sales rep how i was certified he said if I use his shims, tables and anything pool table related I bought from then I was certified by imperial products. probably the same for him from his supplier when there really are no true national or international ranked or unranked certification proccess or school That I know of.

I guess were all certified by the school of hard nocks, scraped knuckles and flattened toes..

Craig

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You guys KNOW I'll be calling him tomorrow to ask him a few questions;) but I think I called him once before:D

Glen

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
How did I miss this thread?!?!

I love calling and raising the blood pressure of people!

Hey,does this here certification course have an online or correspondence course for those of us that don't have the time to spend creating weird stuff like that?:D

Can't Be More Assinine

Who's the only other certified mechanic in Arizona,anyway?
Where's his page?

Doing more of a search,this is the only othe link I could find along those lines.
http://www.pooltablesdirect.com/installation.html
Anyone certified to work for them?
Not sure about the price tag either-

Last edited:

lgherb

Registered
How did I miss this thread?!?!

I love calling and raising the blood pressure of people!

Hey,does this here certification course have an online or correspondence course for those of us that don't have the time to spend creating weird stuff like that?:D

Can't Be More Assinine

Who's the only other certified mechanic in Arizona,anyway?
Where's his page?

Doing more of a search,this is the only othe link I could find along those lines.
http://www.pooltablesdirect.com/installation.html
Anyone certified to work for them?
Not sure about the price tag either-

1st time poster here, but I've lurked for quite a while and used this forum to answer many questions when setting up my 9' GCII. I'm not a table mechanic (just a dude with a table.) I wanted to thank everyone for making this a huge knowledge base for all.

Anyway...doing a Google search on "Certified Billiard Mechanics of America" shows that the only site that mentions those 4 exact words is this guy's site, which makes me believe he has made the whole organization up to make himself look credent in the eyes of the ignorant.

The other site you mention only matches on the 3 words "certified billiard mechanics" but not the conjectured organization itself: you'd think any real organization would actually contain its full title on it's website and would match in any search engine.

As you guys call him, press him to post a link to the "CBMA" on his website. My hunch tells me that he can't as there is no such org.

Anyway, thanks again for the collective knowledge of this forum...I'll go back to lurking. :cool:

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
1st time poster here, but I've lurked for quite a while and used this forum to answer many questions when setting up my 9' GCII. I'm not a table mechanic (just a dude with a table.) I wanted to thank everyone for making this a huge knowledge base for all.

Anyway...doing a Google search on "Certified Billiard Mechanics of America" shows that the only site that mentions those 4 exact words is this guy's site, which makes me believe he has made the whole organization up to make himself look credent in the eyes of the ignorant.

The other site you mention only matches on the 3 words "certified billiard mechanics" but not the conjectured organization itself: you'd think any real organization would actually contain its full title on it's website and would match in any search engine.

As you guys call him, press him to post a link to the "CBMA" on his website. My hunch tells me that he can't as there is no such org.

Anyway, thanks again for the collective knowledge of this forum...I'll go back to lurking. :cool:

Now THAT's a good first post!
I like seeing educated posts and responses....(Although you probably can't tell from some of mine.lol)
Hey,since I'm doing some tables at Baylor University this week, think I could get acreddited while I'm there.....?;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here's a good one for you guys:D I called up Jason today, he's the guy that is in charge of the service department for Beck's billiards. I asked him how much they charge to tighten up the pockets on my GC3, I want 4 1/2" corner pockets. He asked me where I live...so I told him Mesa. He said they could triple shim the pockets to tighten them up!!!! I said no, I wanted them tightened right, I wanted the sub-rails extended...he said, "we don't do that kind of work"....then f*%#ing hung up on me:rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Glen

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Here's a good one for you guys:D I called up Jason today, he's the guy that is in charge of the service department for Beck's billiards. I asked him how much they charge to tighten up the pockets on my GC3, I want 4 1/2" corner pockets. He asked me where I live...so I told him Mesa. He said they could triple shim the pockets to tighten them up!!!! I said no, I wanted them tightened right, I wanted the sub-rails extended...he said, "we don't do that kind of work"....then f*%#ing hung up on me:rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Glen

we all knew you were going to call this guy. I'm surprised you waited so long.