Postive Covid19 Test at CSI / BCAPL event

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
So...did we ever figure out if it was actually a pool related person who tested positive?

Sent from the future.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Just what are you disagreeing with in my post? A recession is already 100% assured-A recession is just 2 quarters of negative growth under the inflation rate.

Hotels, Airlines, restaurants, mfg etc are all off up to 50%. Only supply stores and grocery outfits are doing business now besides hospitals and that will slow once everyone has hoarded what they need. Covid has been doubling in the USA every 2.5 days of late and we don't even have test kits for 20% of the population and waaaaaay less than 1% have been tested to date so there is no telling how bad it may really be.If we get away with only a recession, we will be quite fortunate.

PS- Italy now has more deaths than China-Im betting all that men kissing men respect crap is a factor.

Where we disagree isn't on much, but what I'm saying is that the market's reaction has more to do with the perceived magnitude and length of the upcoming recession which, although you've accurately cited the textbook definition, will likely last more than two quarters. That recession will likely be a deep and extended one regardless of how long it takes to get out of the woods with corona. The perceived length of this health scare is just one of many things driving market volatility. Then again, perhaps we agree after all.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah- Get out and just dont touch anything-swerve wide of anyone and if they think you are silly-screw them- Wearing latex gloves is really no help. If u touch a contaminated surface and then your face, you're still getting it.-But even if u wear a PAINTERS mask, it will warn you if you have touched your face and break you of the habit eventually. Don't go in an elevator unless you live on the 15th floor or something and then take it alone if possible.

On second thought, i just recalled Cali has mandatory shelter in home edict in effect i think

Shelter in place except for essential needs like getting food or going to the bank or pharmacy. You won't get arrested if you go out for a drive (virtually no traffic) but this is more a request by our local government for the protection of everybody.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shelter in place except for essential needs like getting food or going to the bank or pharmacy. You won't get arrested if you go out for a drive (virtually no traffic) but this is more a request by our local government for the protection of everybody.

Yes, a request for now. If residents don't heed the governor's order, my money in on Martial Law following in short order.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Wir haben angst und sind allein

I’ve been raising my kid alone for years, her mom just moved close to where I can actually have some weeknights and whole weekends to go out and do whatever and then this crap started lol.

Everyone’s got it bad but many are worse off than me. Whoever created this game is cruel and usual.

I’m just looking forward to whenever it’s over and the congregating spots open back up. I have a feeling there will be a very festive and loose atmosphere

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Wir haben angst und sind allein

I’ve been raising my kid alone for years, her mom just moved close to where I can actually have some weeknights and whole weekends to go out and do whatever and then this crap started lol.

Everyone’s got it bad but many are worse off than me. Whoever created this game is cruel and usual.

I’m just looking forward to whenever it’s over and the congregating spots open back up. I have a feeling there will be a very festive and loose atmosphere
I suspect that day when things are back to near normal is more weeks away that we all can imagine.

Sent from the future.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
My daughter just landed at LAX from Costa Rica. She was supposed to be on Avianca, but they suspended service until April. We were able to get her on Delta and she's back.

She's coming back from her trip to a different world than she left just over a week ago. Shortages, shelter in place, essential services - for a college students this is so foreign to them, it's an alternate reality.

There are a lot of Americans simply stuck overseas for the time being, no way back.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
My daughter just landed at LAX from Costa Rica. She was supposed to be on Avianca, but they suspended service until April. We were able to get her on Delta and she's back.

She's coming back from her trip to a different world than she left just over a week ago. Shortages, shelter in place, essential services - for a college students this is so foreign to them, it's an alternate reality.

There are a lot of Americans simply stuck overseas for the time being, no way back.

that's great news, Chris!

I'm sure you can't wait to see her and give her a big hug...., you know, a big air hug...like 6 feet apart...:grin:

congrats and be safe.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
that's great news, Chris!

I'm sure you can't wait to see her and give her a big hug...., you know, a big air hug...like 6 feet apart...:grin:

congrats and be safe.

I love her and I will let her out of the bubble wrap in a short 14 days!

Don't eat any bats Brian!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Where we disagree isn't on much, but what I'm saying is that the market's reaction has more to do with the perceived magnitude and length of the upcoming recession which, although you've accurately cited the textbook definition, will likely last more than two quarters. That recession will likely be a deep and extended one regardless of how long it takes to get out of the woods with corona. The perceived length of this health scare is just one of many things driving market volatility. Then again, perhaps we agree after all.

As you know, I'm in the meetings business. I received this from Marriott and it's chilling, the CEO of Marriott discussing the Covid 19 impact on them. Considering Marriott is the world's largest hotel chain, the repercussions are significant. Many businesses are impacted in the same way. The domino effect will be significant. The important thing to a business is lasting until we can make a recovery.

https://twitter.com/MarriottIntl/status/1240639160148529160

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Good job Chris! You got her home! :thumbup2:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just in:

#####
REFUNDS TO BE ISSUED FOR 2020 BCA POOL LEAGUE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
March 21, 2020

On Sunday, March 15 we made the unfortunate announcement that the final four days of the BCA Pool League World Championships, scheduled for March 11-21, would be canceled due to the growing COVID-19 pandemic. This eliminated the teams portion of the event and left many asking if they would receive entry fee refunds. The answer is yes, of course.

Entry fees typically consist of three parts - prize fund, admin fees and green fees. Admin fees help cover the administrative cost of processing entries and green fees help cover the cost of the pool tables, lights, staff and other setup needs. Although hundreds of hours were spent processing entries and verifying ratings and eligibility (i.e. admin fees) and 150,000 square feet of the Rio Convention Center was setup with over 300 Diamond pool tables and lights (i.e. green fees), many of our members ultimately did not get to play. Therefore, CueSports International will issue full refunds upon request for divisions that were canceled.

We are also taking this a step further. The event was already underway when the World Health Organization (WHO) officially declared COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11. After that announcement, some people whose travel plans were scheduled after March 11 chose to not make the trip. Therefore, CueSports International will also issue full refunds upon request to those registrants who did not participate in the 8-Ball Singles divisions which began on Saturday, March 14.

To request a refund, please visit www.playcsipool.com/refunds and complete the Refund Request Form by May 25, 2020.

The COVID-19 pandemic is wreaking havoc across the world and many people have suddenly found themselves without work or income. Although this has also been a massive blow to CueSports International, we will process refunds as quickly as possible in the hope that it will help ease the burdens on our members in some small way.

We hope everyone stays safe and healthy in this unprecedented time.
#####

Lou Figueroa

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The right thing would be to issue refunds without having to make a request. The greedy bastards want to keep as much as they can.
Even nonprofits are refunding people without them having to make an affirmative request.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The right thing would be to issue refunds without having to make a request. The greedy bastards want to keep as much as they can.

Im betting they will be bankrupt before the year is out (and i thought that before the crisis) or sold back to the original owner for peanuts. Request Now!

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even nonprofits are refunding people without them having to make an affirmative request.

I really hope most people just don't make a request, or at least limit their request to the prize purse portion of the fee.

MichaelEGR

Registered
I really hope most people just don't make a request, or at least limit their request to the prize purse portion of the fee.

IMHO it makes sense to make a request especially for folks like myself who intentionally stayed away from Vegas; I was willing to forfeit Diamond Open & the 3 CSI Open fees out of concern of covid-19 community spread. I did make a credit request as I hope this alleviates the immediate burden for a refund, but CSI risked a lot, put all members in attendance at risk and didn't come out ahead.

Just saw that Matt Edwards / really cool pro & amazing dude from my limited interaction at past CSI events from New Zealand tested positive after coming back from Vegas. It was there and probably a whole lot more got it. Let's hope not too many more senior or vulnerable in attendance got it.

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.edwards.9678/videos/10158002077713490/

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matthew Edwards a strong, healthy 734 fargo player tested positive when he flew back to New Zealand from Vegas, he was just competing at the Diamond 10-ball at Rio.