Shadow Box

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
I have retired a cue and would love to display it in my pool room. I keep thinking that a shadow box, with the butt and shaft(s) would be the answer, but I can't find anything like that in my interwebs searches.

I'm not handy enough to make my own, so that's out.

any suggestions? What have any of you done in the past?

ps. I only have 1, so a dealers display case really isn't the answer.

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
no I was going to display it/them in separate pieces. something like that might work. good idea

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d be surprised if Michaels couldn’t do it in their framing department...

Before you decide, let me make this suggestion. Check with a local framer. I’m a picture framer by hobby and use the Picture Framers Grumble website for ideas. Your local framer might be a little more expensive, but will have better suggestions and will work with you on what you want the end result to be. The big box stores may just want to use what they have on hand; you may want something different. Best of luck with your search. A few years ago I framed my Bullseye putter since nothing at Michaels or Hobby Lobby would work with.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a lot of display cases in my ‘museum’ for various collections.

I get most of my display cases for a couple dollars at the thrift stores. For something thin like a billiards cue There could be an older picture frame with a bit of depth to it. There’s usually odd shaped picture frames frames that are use as shadow boxes for artsy objects...or were used To display fishing rods, rifles, etc.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I refinished my wife's grandfather's custom persimmons after he passed away and bought a shadow box on Amazon - they have all kinds in different sizes. I installed a dart board battery powered light with velcro to display.

Attachments

• golf club display.jpg
    golf club display.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 182

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I refinished my wife's grandfather's custom persimmons after he passed away and bought a shadow box on Amazon - they have all kinds in different sizes. I installed a dart board battery powered light with velcro to display.

That is very nice! Great job!