What type of joint is this?

skinnymg1

Registered
Looking to find out what type of joint this is.

And to find someone to make me a shaft to match it.

Was a good friend of mine's cue, we was on the road playing and he lost his cool and broke the joint out of the shaft side. Sadly not too long after we returned he was in a car accident and passed away. Would like to get this cue refinished and a new shaft made for it. I know it's only a cheap cue but it was my friend and I would like to get it back playable for memories sake.

Attachments

• 2011-07-18_22-04-55_367#.jpg
    2011-07-18_22-04-55_367#.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 461

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Contact Cue & Case.
You may have to send them a pic but they may have a shaft in stock.
KJ

skinnymg1

Registered
Well I know it's a Lucasi cue says so on the butt. I have found nothing of that joint on anything though. have seen this joint on the gulyassy arsenal setups. Its a quick release of some sort but cannot find a shaft to match plus the butt was in his trunk for so long afterwards the finish melted, so it needs a new finish. Thanks for the info though, guess I'll just contact Steve Lomax to refinish it.

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Change to a common type pin eg. 3/8-10 or 3/8-11.

A 3/8-10 flat base (modified) would be the best.

Sport666

FC3 Custom Cues & Repairs
Silver Member
Just looked it up in Sterling, Its a Fury pin. The matching shaft (rings ) is a FUNRXS

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
This pin is used on many a Chinese import. CueStix International also has models using this pin.

I recommend you contact Mike Gulyassy at Baby's Pro Shop. His Orange Crusher break cue also uses this pin, so he may have extra inserts.

Tell him I sent you ;)

skinnymg1

Registered
thanks for all the insight guys, much appreciated. If I go to Gulyassy I have my buddy Doughboy take it to him. He gave him one of his lathes........

treed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pin size

it is probally a common thread,and can be matched.i have done this on fury cues which are a basic metric thread.