Paul Mottey Cue

jschelin99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul Mottey Cue Value?

I'm thinking of adding this Paul Mottey to my collection. I've heard his name many times, and I know he makes very nice cues. I've never seen one in real life. I'm just not sure about values. I did a Google search and found quite a few Mottey's. Big prices! That's okay if it's worth it. I just don't want to overpay.

What value would you put on this cue? I haven't seen this cue in person yet. According to the owner, all the white is ivory, and the gold inlays in the butt sleeve are real gold. He just had the cue completely refinished, but there's one tiny ding just above the wrap. Four matching shafts from Mottey, one after-market shaft without matching ringwork.

Thanks for any info!

Attachments

• mottey-1.jpg
    mottey-1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,235
  • mottey-2.jpg
    mottey-2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,177
  • mottey-3.jpg
    mottey-3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,090
Last edited:

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
Man, that is a beauty. I'm of the opinion that Paul's cues ore amont the very few that will continue to be treasured by owners. Top of the heap skills and no more production means they are gettin harder to find, and holding big value. I know I love the one I have.

poolshooter74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is that pete's cue? if it isn't it is similar to his, and he paid 7k brand new for his. dont know how long he had to wait for it, but thats a good chunk of change! hope this helps.

congrats on your first place finish, good shootin'!

louis

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
not that it will affect the way the cue plays, but i believe somebody posted some close ups of that cue here on the forum not too long ago...

and i believe there was some small cracks in the ivory of one of the small points and also in the rings below the point above the wrap...

you may want to take that into consideration when buying.. especially since paul is long since retired, and i dont believe they would be repairable...

also, i am not trying to knock anybodies sale. and if you can get past those or get it for a price that would make it worth it, i believe they cue would play just as good as it was new.. since they would have no affect on playability...

the cue is absolutley beautiful and i for one would love to own it.. but its way out of my budget...

chris

edit..

found the picture i was talking about..
cue429-3.jpg

Last edited: